VAN MORRISON CONCERT


On Friday, Sept. 25 we saw Van Morrison LIVE in Las Vegas! My mother-in-law and Dave Bisson came with us. We drove down to St. George Friday afternoon, dropped off our stuff with Grandma and Grandpa Bickmore, and then continued our journey to the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas to see Van the Man. It was amazing! I've always enjoyed listening to Van Morrison, but after the concert I've come to realize what an incredible musician and songwriter he is. The band members were incredible too and Van gave them plenty of solos for us audience members to enjoy. The setlist went as follows:
Northern Muse (Solid Ground)

That's Life

Fair Play
The Mystery
Foreign Window
In The Garden
Queen of the Slipstream
Moondance
Help Me
Have I Told You Lately
And The Healing Has Begun
It's All In The Game/You Know What They're Writing
Common One

Gloria

My favorite was "And the Healing Has Begun." I left wishing I could bring Van and the band home to my living room.
Will stayed behind with Aunt Sophie. It was not nearly as bad as i thought it would be leaving Will for that long (30 hours). Plus it helps knowing your child is in the best hands. When we picked up Will and went home he kept saying "Mom. Dad." It was sweet.
I was thinking today about another sound I enjoy listening to:



And I was thinking about another fan of Van that we really miss having around:

Comments

Lindsay said…
I couldn'y beleive my eyes when google reader told me you had 7 posts that I haven't read yet. You did quite a lot today. SO many great stories. I am glad you had fun at Van Morrison. I noticed that "Brown eye girl" was missing from your set list, I am sure he played that song!
Sophia said…
We had fun having Will! So glad you guys had fun!
ABick said…
we miss dad too!
and i can't comment on all the posts but so cute!!!
he is the cutest kid and i'm so happy to be here to see more of his growing up.
Steve said…
Thanks for posting the play list. The first thing I did at work was make a itunes play list of those songs in that order. I have everyone of those in a live recording. That means I can at least pretend I was there.

By the way, he almost never plays Brown Eyed Girl. He claims it is too commercial and not one of his best songs.
Amelia said…
I am so glad you put up the set list, you can tell dad is a hardcore fan. I[m glad you guys had so much fun.
DiaNe said…
what a sweet sound!
Lisa B. said…
It was amazing. I am so glad I got to see him at least once in my life. Somehow, that music is even more meaningful to me these days. It was great to get to enjoy it with you!
ABick said…
by the way, my FAVORITE song of his is "Moondance". you just don't get songs much better than this...

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!