Happy Birthday!




Dear Lesley,
I wish I could accurately describe how in-awe-of you I am. Watching you give birth to Van was an amazing experience for me. In Spanish when a woman gives birth they say she gives light or que ella “da luz”. I think that is a more accurate way to describe what went on and a more beautiful way to describe you and your relationship to my life and to those around you.

Luminous Lesley

You have given light to my two boys
September 30, 2008 and September 17, 2010
You have given light to my life
August 2, 2003 and every day afterward
You have made the world a more Luminous place,
For every person who has
Seen your smile
Heard you laugh or
Held your hand these twenty-nine years.
October 3, 1981
Thank you for your love and light.

Love,
Isaac

Please leave a comment and let Lesley know how she has brought light to your life.
She loves comments.

Comments

Lisa B. said…
Lesley! you have brought light to my life ever since I met you--I love your quick smile and your laugh. You are a wonderful wife, daughter, mother, friend and daughter-in-law, and an all around wonderful person. I feel lucky every day to know that you are a part of our family.
Trish said…
YEAH!!! I am the first to comment! Happy Birthday to an amazing friend, sister, daughter, wife, and mother. You sure have brought sunshine into my life these past eleven years that I have known you! With your love of music, your dedication to the gospel, your always positive attitude, and so much more....your example has made me want to shine brighter! I am so lucky to have you as a friend! Hope this year is filled with fun and surprises!
The Smith crew said…
ARE YOU REALLY 29 THIS YEAR? HOLY COW! Although you are my little sis, you have brought so much light to my life through your wisdom and advice, that has been such a gift. You know all the right things to say to comfort and lift me up. Thank you for being such a great friend to me, and letting me see Van come into this world. That was an experience I'll never forget!
Amelia said…
I totally need to see more of these adorable pictures. Here are my comments:
1- I love your haircut!
2- I love your smile, I think it is truly one that lights up a room!
3-I love that you bring so much happiness to my brother. You are a wonderful person and I am so glad you are part of our fam.
DiaNe said…
you've brought light to my life! You are so concerned with the daily lives of others...it makes me so happy whenever I get to talk to you. Happy birthday, Lesley! You have a really dear husband.
ABick said…
LESLEY! I just wanted to tell you how much I really do love and appreciate you. You have always been such a great source of love laughter and support to not just my brother but to me as well. I will never forget the kind words you wrote to me when walker and i moved to GA. I loved you so much for that and today I just love you even more for being the wonderful sister you are and for the incredible mother you are to my nephews! I love you so much! Happy Birthday!
Devin and Becky said…
Leslie Leslie! I love you! I have soooo many fun memories involving you. You showed me how to have true happiness by your example. Ive never met anyone who knows how to have fun (being good) like you and lana. Thank you woman!
Sophia said…
Lesley,

You are so amazing it so many ways. I love what a calm seet mom you are and watching you give birth to Van was a highlight in my life, you were amazing. I am so glad to know you. Happy Happy Birthday!
Steve said…
duh! The grand babies are the best part. All of the other wonderful things people are saying are true as well.
jessandbryce said…
Lesley! Happy Birthday. We love you guys & really look up to you! Your little family inspires me to be better. Also, what a beautiful tribute Issac. Happy Birthday!
Barbara G. said…
Oh, dear daughter of mine, sweet Lesley! What a tribute from your adorable and amazing husband!! I will always hear your Dad say, upon meeting him, "I like you!" and our whole family nearly fell out of our chairs knowing that your Dad rarely gave such compliments so early on. But Dad was so right. And Isaac's words, so beautifully written, are all so true! Thank you for being the kind and loving daughter that you are and ALWAYS being so happy with whatever you have and wherever you are. Your happiness lies in the true gospel of Christ, your husband and your family==everything else is just the icing on the cake! You radiate love and joy and you are always smiling and never complaining. What a daughter, what a choice friend. And words cannot express how proud we all were to watch that birth--what a mother! What adorable boys! I love you with all of my heart--to infinity and beyond (LOL)!
Barbara G. said…
One more comment! Your picture holding Van that radiates so much light should be submitted to the Ensign magazine! It is so beautiful and a perfect picture of a true daughter of God.
Lesley said…
Thanks everyone! This sure brightened my week reading all the wonderful comments. Love, Lesley

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

4 months old