Hi family!
It's been a while since I've done the Bickmore Buzz!! Here's the recap of the last five months!!
JUNE:
The Leasure's came to visit! It was so much fun! We took some weekend trips to St. Louis and Springfield. We saw the arch in St. Louis and visited the City Museum. In Springfield we did a driving tour of the caverns. Back in Warrensburg we did lots of e-bike rides, lightning bug catching, Minecraft crafting, talent show performing, and runs to Sonic. Sophie came house hunting with us in Kansas City and we found the perfect home. It's just five miles from work! When it was time for the Leasure's to return to Utah we all cried our eyes out.
 |
| Springfield Caverns |
I took a weekend trip to Utah to see my family. It's a rare occasion that all of the siblings are together since Caroline lives in Guatemala. I also got to meet little Remmi for the first time and finally got to see Wyatt after two years. They're my grand niece and nephew. I sure wish I could see all these peeps more often!
JULY
In July we packed up our house in Warrensburg and moved into our new home in North Kansas City. Steve and Dana came to help and what should've been a quick trip turned into a week long ordeal. The buyers of our home had a lender that missed the deadline and it slowed down the whole process. In the end, we got our house and that's all that matters.
After settling in, I flew to Guatemala! My mom and Lana planned to see Caroline and meet Roberto so of course I wanted to join in on the fun too! I thoroughly enjoyed relaxing on the beach of the Caribbean Sea, eating delicious food, seeing the beautiful Lake Atitlan and spending time with my sisters and mom. Roberto is the perfect addition to our family and I loved getting to know him on the trip.
Back in Missouri, Walker came to visit and hung out with Isaac and the boys while I was away. They had fun playing ping pong on our new ping pong table!
AUGUST:We began our new jobs at Maplewood Elementary! Isaac is the K-5 general music teacher. He's there Mon Tues and Wed. On Thursday and Friday he teaches at Lakewood Elementary which is a mile from Maplewood. He absolutely loves it. It makes my heart swell hearing him say several times a week, "I love my job."
My new job is the paraprofessional in the preschool classroom at Maplewood. I clock in 35 hours a week and love not being in charge. I'm basically the teacher's assistant. I feel like I can really enjoy the kids in this role. The head teacher and I get along really well. I'm so grateful for that.
Van is in 5th grade at Maplewood and William is in 7th grade at Maple Park Middle School which is right next door to our school. So the four of us leave for school together every morning at 7:00 am. We drop off Will, then drop off Van to Adventure Club (the before school care ) and then Isaac and I take a brisk walk--usually a mile. We get back to the school around 8:00 am. I hang out in Isaac's room or do yoga in the pre-k room until 8:30 when I have to clock in. Then at 4:00, I clock out, and we all leave together for home. By Friday we are exhausted, but feel so grateful for our circumstances.
 |
The encore team--Counseling, Music, Art, P.E.
 | | Since they are building a new school for next year, the art teacher has been painting murals on the wall. I love it so much! |
|
 |
| Isaac is doing a Ukulele club every Monday before school |
 |
| My sweet preschoolers. They are such a great group and I just love this age so much! Pre-K forever! |
SEPTEMBER:
Van turned 11 years old! He wanted a Minecraft themed birthday with some carnival-type games. We did pin the saddle on the horse, Steve bowling, Mining for ore, and Creeper Piñata.
Van was nominated by his peers to be on the Jr. Hope Squad. Its a suicide prevention thing. The goal is to create a team of peers that can be reporters for at-risk kids. The kids were asked to nominate someone they trust, who is kind, respectful, dependable, etc. That made my momma heart proud that Van's peers thought of him. Van is my ray of sunshine. I love his enthusiasm and how he always verbally expresses his love for me. He's the kind of son that will rub my feet, tuck me in for a nap, help me clean the kitchen, send me sweet texts, and encourage me when I'm feeling down.
 |
We went to Olive Garden on his birthday. He ordered ten meatballs. We thought they were going to be little LOL
|
 |
I made that piñata!! Super proud of that creation!
|
 |
| Learning to play the Cello in strings class |
 |
New Hylean shield
Then it was time to celebrate Will's 13th birthday! I canNOT believe I have a teenager! Will is such a dream come true! He is smart, creative, empathetic, honest, a kind older brother, and the one I can count on to go on a walk with me. He's not embarrassed yet to hold my hand while we're walking. His top favs are memes, Minecraft, Mario, Marvel, drawing, and Zelda. He loves reading science books and wrote on his school paper that one of his favorite past times is thinking. We're looking forward to watching this handsome lad mature into an adult over the next few years!
Will wanted a Godzilla theme birthday. For his birthday he wanted his friend Berkeley to come over for pizza, play video games and watch Batman Begins. It was perfect!
By his birthday he was TALLER than me! Nooooo!

 |
 |
Will told me he wanted to learn golf so I quickly jumped at the chance and signed him up for golf lessons. He's liking it so far!
OCTOBER: |
I turned the big 4-0 this year! We went apple picking, and hiked the day before my birthday. On my actual birthday we watched this amazing video Isaac put together for me of birthday messages from family and friends. It made me feel so special and loved. THANK YOU! That night our friends the Freese's came over for Indian food and carrot cake. Then we played Aggravation. It was the best birthday ever!
Last weekend we took some professional family photos at Knob Noster Park. I can't wait to get them back!
This week Mitch and Myles are coming to visit! We can't wait to do all the Halloween festivities together!
Van, the day before his birthday: "This is the last day of my first decade."
Comments