Bickmore Buzz Jan. 31, 2021

 Phew! We made it through January! There is a line from one of Van Morrison's songs that we like to sing this time of year "Gotta get through January, gotta get through February." Now that January is done, we just gotta get through February!

We had a snow day on Wednesday. This has only been the third snow storm we've had--one the week of Halloween, one on New Years Day and then this past Wednesday. I was surprised they cancelled school. It was mostly melted by the end of the day. But hey! An expected day off is always welcome. Overall, it's been a mild winter. Hopefully that doesn't mean March is going to be hit with lots of snow storms!

Isaac and I are updating our bathroom. Isaac is doing all the dirty work. I get to pick out the new pieces and stand ready for any needed assistance. Our goal is to have it ready by Valentine's Day. 

Will and Van are doing pretty well. They love playing Minecraft. One of their favorite pastimes is to say, "Alexa, drop in on Curtis Leasure". Then Alexa calls the other Alexa in Deacon's basement and the three of them play together. Gwennie likes to play too. I love hearing them play together. Thanks Alexa for keeping the cousins connected!

Our family is watching the Marvel movies in order. We're due to watch Thor Ragnarok next. It has made the Marvel series even more enjoyable for me to see them in order this close together. Before I had to wait a year or more before the next one would come out and it was hard for me to piece the story lines together. We're also watching Wanda Vision. It's fun having something to look forward to at the end of the week when they release a new episode on Fridays. 

The boys are doing their piano lessons in person at Center Stage this semester. Last semester was virtual. They're going in the morning at 11:30 on Tuesdays. I'm there at the same time teaching preschool! I love watching them walk through the door. My students love Van. They call him Ben, Bend, and Van. Just like I'm called Miss Wessawee, Miss Wezzwee, and Miss Lesley. One week when we were walking out to recess, Van said to them, "You guys are so lucky to have such a nice preschool teacher." Awwww! 

Overheard at our house:

  • Yesterday I heard William say, "I like cleaning Mom. It's fun." and "I like salad." I had to write these down because I'm sure I won't hear them again or not for a very long time. LOL. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!