Happy Thanksgiving 2020!

I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks about Thanksgiving break. Well, 2020 struck again and ruined our initial plans. We were planning on going to Abbey and Michael's for Thanksgiving and play with Sawyer, whom we've NEVER met. BUT two days before we were going to leave, I came down with a sore throat and body aches. I knew it was my body shutting down which usually happens right before a break. It's almost like my body crying out "Would you just stop and give me rest?" Well, since we are living in a pandemic and the symptoms I was having could have also been COVID, I went and got a test. I tried to get a rapid test, but the places around didn't have any available. I could feel Isaac smiling and giggling while I was getting my test at the drive through testing center. I was hissing and gagging all over the place. I have a really bad gag reflex so any kind of nasal or throat swab is torture for me.  Anywho, the nurse said it would take 3 to 5 days for results. SO, I kept my distance for a few days and started to feel better. I seriously considered just throwing caution to the wind and going to Louisiana before knowing my results, BUT there was that nagging feeling of "Hello! Idiot! WHAT IF you do indeed have Covid and now your selfish little self has infected everybody?"  So, I waited and waited....and waited. FIVE DAYS later I got the results...NEGATIVE. Yes, I was relieved, not surprised, and super frustrated that I got sick. I decided it was a sign from the CDC gods telling me to STAY HOME.

We picked up groceries for Thanksgiving dinner and made the best of it. I made some killer pies and Isaac discovered this genius way of cooking the turkey so we didn't have to roast it as long. It's called spatchcock. We also discovered that we are much older and can't eat as much. After one plate of food, we called it quits and took a nap. Then we packed up the leftover food and congratulated each other.



 spatch·cock
/ˈspaCHˌkäk/
noun
  1. a chicken or game bird split open and grilled.





On November 21st we were able to watch Grandpa Orme's funeral through a webcast. We dressed up in our church clothes and enjoyed listening to all the memories and hearing about the impact Grandpa Orme made during his life on earth.  What a great man he was. It's hard to believe that we won't see him anymore when we go to Utah. The other night we read some of his autobiography as a family. I'm so grateful he and Grandma wrote their personal histories. What a treasure. 

I'm grateful for my family and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm also really grateful for where we live--Warrensburg, Missouri. This pandemic has given us the opportunity to really explore the beauty around us and I'm happy to be here at this time in my life. 

We love you and miss you all!

Overheard at our house:
Van: "What? We can't go to Uncle Michael and Aunt Abbey's? I wanted to eat Michael's turkey and eat the deep fried drumstick!"
William: "Mom, I'm sad we don't get to see Sawyer."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!