Hi Family!
We've started our Christmas break which means sleeping in, eating treats all day long, and hanging out. This will be the first time in what, 7 years, that we haven't traveled to Utah at some point during the break. It's going to be strange!
The boys are so excited for a two week break from virtual school. We all are. Towards the end, it was rough trying to submit late work and being under stress to get it all done. One Friday afternoon I came home from work and Van was laying in the guest bed crying about how much he didn't want to do school anymore and instead just play with his friends.
Will is happy to be done with school too, but actually enjoys virtual learning more than in person school. He commented the other night about how he feels like this pandemic has been good for him. He said he hasn't been as stressed as when he was at school. It's interesting to see the difference in my boys' personalities.
Isaac is currently recovering from his vasectomy that he got on Thursday. We've been making all kinds of jokes around here. It seems the boys don't find them as funny as we do. In fact Van said yesterday, "Dad, stop talking about your penis. I couldn't finish my breakfast because it was grossing me out." LOL. I offered moral support during the procedure. It was the longest vasectomy the urologist has ever done. What should have been an hour and a half took four hours. Good thing I had my kindle with me! The doctor and nurses were all women. Isaac kept us laughing with his humor about the whole thing.
Looks like a brown Christmas for us this year. We haven't had snow since Halloween.
We hope everyone has a merry Christmas! We love you!
Overheard at our house:
- One morning, it was raining and I kept hitting snooze on my alarm. William came into my room, stood at my bedside and said, "Mom, it's 7:27. I would advise you to get up. " I thanked him and asked him to turn on the light to help me wake up.
- One afternoon I was helping Van with his writing assignment. I was probing him, saying "Then what happened" each time he paused after dictating a sentence. Exasperated he yelled, "Mom!" Then pointing to his brain with both hands cried, "Every great story teller has to THINK! Let me think!"
- One day Isaac called for Van to do something. Van replied, "Ok! I'm just sitting on the pot!"
- One day Van was in a real crusty mood. I suggested he take a shower, put on deodorant, get dressed and brush his teeth. Then he would feel like a new man. After doing those things he came out and announced, "I feel like a million bucks!"
 |
| Isaac's fishing out his frisbee from the creek. Almost everyday he plays frisbee golf with Jake at Marr Park. |
 |
| I Spy a Cardinal. Do you? |
 |
| Van loves taking selfies.That's my new bathrobe. Isaac and I couldn't wait and opened our Christmas presents early. Matching bathrobes and kindles! |
 |
| Lots of walks in 2020 |
 |
| Handsome Will |
 |
| Handsome Van |
 |
| The Leasure's inspired us to do puzzles. Man I wish those were real donuts! |
 |
| Isaac has been perfecting his homemade baguettes this winter. Yum yum! |
 |
| Another favorite COVID pastime is driving through neighborhoods at looking at the lights. |
 |
| One of our favorites |
 |
| My student brought back Christmas Mickey ears from Disney. They're so cute huh? |
Comments