I LOVE THE FALL
Yes, I love the fall season. I made a goal to hike all the trails at Knob Noster State Park, go canoeing, and visit the pumpkin patch. I've achieved my goal! Another hope is to see Abbey and family on Thanksgiving, but that will all depend on our health. Here's an update on everyone:
Lesley: I love teaching preschool! I was so stressed about teaching in a pandemic, but so far so good. I've taken a liking to painting my nails. I bought some black polish for this week! Isaac and I watched a stand up routine by Roy Wood Jr. last night and I laughed so hard we had to pause at some points so I could catch my breath.
William: Will likes doing school at home. It has taken our family a whole quarter of school to figure out a good routine, so I'm looking forward to a great 2nd quarter! Will loves playing Minecraft and Super Mario. He is 5'4!! I had to buy him shoes from the men's section!
Van: Van loves video games too. He really likes playing chess with his dad and doing a Google meet everyday with his class. He has had a hard time with online school, but we've ironed out some kinks and are doing better. He's excited for Halloween!
Isaac: Isaac did a presentation last week and was also invited by a professor to talk to his students about narrative research so he's killing it at his job as usual. The enrollment at UCM has dropped by 25% this year. Colleges across the country are all struggling with enrollment and budgets. Ugh. On a lighter note, Isaac wants to bake bread every other Sunday and I support that 100%!
Overheard at our house:
I was asking Van to tell Isaac something about Nancy Hoogestrat (hoo-guh-strat). I was yelling "Nancy Hoogestrat" from the bedroom and Van said to Isaac, "Something about fancy yoga strap."



Comments