William turned 12 years old on Wednesday! He started the day with presents and seeing all the decorations! I made him a Super Metroid poster and we drew the Metroid characters on the balloons. For breakfast he had corn flakes with blueberries, Mac and cheese for lunch and spaghetti w/out meatballs for dinner. Will LOVES watermelon and asked for a watermelon chocolate cake. Isaac cut the watermelon, baked the cake, and I frosted it. Happy Birthday Will!
 |
A watermelon Metroid Larva
|
 |
Watermelon Chocolate Cake
|
 |
Can you see the slice in the corner of the picture? It was super tasty eating cake with watermelon.
|
 |
Our baby is 12!! He's so tall! 5 feet 4 inches. Will loves mozzarella sticks, is a vegetarian, prays "that the world can get a grip" when it's his turn to pray, loves to draw video game characters, misses his Utah family, loves a spaghetti dinner, is reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy, is fascinated with physics, loves nacho cheese Doritos, is filled with empathy and hates to see others' suffering, makes his little brother laugh, argues or wants to know the why behind everything, loves to play the Nintendo switch, shows his appreciation and expresses his love, has a sensitive soul, is plain old AWESOME. To celebrate his birthday, he invited Edy and Maxwell over for two hours in the afternoon to play Mario Kart. The rest of the day he had fun chillin in his pjs playing video games, talking to family, piano lesson, and playing his new Luigi game with the fam. We love you Will!! You are the perfect firstborn! So easy and forgiving of our faults!
|
Happy birthday to me! I turned 39 years old yesterday? The last year of my 30s. WEIRD! I woke up yesterday morning reflecting on the last decade and thinking about the upcoming decade. For the last year before my 40th birthday, I'm going to work on "Disconnecting to Connect". Read less headlines and connect more with myself, my God, my family, and others. It was general conference this weekend and it was amazing! I need to watch two of the sessions, but the talks I did listen to were such an uplift. It was just what my soul needed.
This talk was my favorite because it went along with what I had already been thinking about that morning. Sister Craig shared a personal experience how during the sacrament she asked herself, "What am I doing that I should stop doing and what am I not doing that I should start doing?" The spirit prompted her "Don't look at your phone when waiting in lines." She was surprised by the prompting. The next time she was in the store there was a long line and she went to take out her phone to read headlines and scroll through social media. She remembered the prompting and put her phone away. She saw an elderly man buying cat food. She decided to strike up a conversation and said, "I see you have a cat." He explained that yes he did and he was worried about the storm and wanted to make sure the cat had enough food. He then went on to say, "You know, today is actually my birthday." She said, "Oh Happy Birthday!" He thanked her and went on his way. Sister Craig was grateful that she followed the prompting and was able to wish someone, who was probably living all alone, a happy birthday. She then encouraged us to see others more deeply, as Christ sees us. It was a great talk and one I'll listen to again.
I was also grateful to hear our church leaders condemn racism. Several leaders talked about it and stressed the importance of loving others no matter their race. Racism is something I've been studying and thinking about a lot the past few months. I've learned so much. It's an emotional topic and there are all kinds of opinions surrounding it. What brings me hope is that people are talking more about it and bringing attention to the issue. I want to learn how to be a better ally and actively stand against racism. As the protestors say, "Know Justice. Know Peace." I want to help bring peace to those who experience injustice. That can start with seeing others deeply, love as Christ loves.

 |
| Isaac formed a 39 with the candles. I baked a carrot cake--my favorite. |
 |
| I like to do something active on my birthdays. This year it was yoga and canoeing! We traveled to Truman Lake. After an hour on the water, we started to get really hungry. Luckily there was a snack bar so we had some food. I ordered chicken strips, French fries, and a Dr. Pepper. We ate it outside on the boat dock. Lovely birthday dinner! |
 |
This deer did not care that we were right beside it. We were in our car, but still!
|
 |
Birthday selfie
|
 |
A few weeks ago on Culp Park trail
|
No more birthdays until January--Isaac's big 40th! We love you! Have a great week!
Comments