Bickmore Buzz March 8, 2020

We had an awesome weekend! Or should I say EPIC weekend!

Trish, Colin, and Garrett came to visit us. Last year, Colin and Trish asked Garrett which temple he'd like to go to when he turned 12. He said, "Kansas City! Then I can go with Will!" SO, that's what we did!

Union Station

Someone asked us if we were sisters. We both said, "No, but it feels that way!" I met Trish on my first day at Westminster over 20 years ago. My fondest memories of our friendship is when she and I lived close to each other in West Jordan. Our two oldest boys were born nine months apart. We had so much fun going for walks in the park, going to story time at the library, and trading kids when we'd sub at the schools. She's always been such a support to me, especially during the major events in my life---the birth of my boys, my dad's passing, returning to the classroom to teach full time, moving to AZ and Missouri, my boys' baptisms, everyone's birthdays, my cancer treatment last summer, and now William going to the temple. I'm all emotional writing this because I love my Trishy so much!  She's the greatest friend I could ever ask for!
Doesn't take much to get us laughing

We went to see the Arrowhead Stadium and the KC Royals stadium. 
Go Chiefs!! Super Bowl Champs!

Enjoying the famous Z Man Sandwich at Joes BBQ

Temple Trip! It was special to be in the temple with my friends of 20 years!!!

Lucky Scavenger Hike at Knob Noster State Park

Liberty Jail tour


William' first time in the temple! He said it was so peaceful. 

Handsome fellers!

Knob Noster Hike


We stopped by the Community of Christ church's temple in Independence


Playing pool at Tacqueria Habana. 

Rock Climbing at UCM

Playing the Ninja Turtles game arcade at Retrograde Museum.
We also played four square, ordered a dozen donuts, played video games, boys walked through the drain pipe, the adults went out to dinner to Cafe Blackadder and laughed up a storm! Trish said the only thing that would have made the weekend better was to make it longer. I agree!!

We love you Lewis's! Come back soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!