Isaac returned home today from Iowa City. He and Jake Sentgeorge presented at a conference together. They left Friday afternoon so it was a quick weekend trip. Their presentation was "Should I Stay or Should I Go: the perceptions of undergraduate voice majors on their vocal studies" or Isaac said, "Something boring like that."
Like our family in Utah, we had a WHITE Halloween! On our way to school we saw two deer standing in the snow watching us drive by. Will said, "I love winter!" I assumed it was because of the beautiful scene we had just beheld. Which, yes, it was one of his reasons. But his other reasons for loving winter were because "then we have a reason to stay inside and school gets cancelled sometimes."
Will made most of his costume this year. He was
King K Rool from Super Smash Bros.
Van was Shadow Link and he used the costume Isaac made him for his birthday quest.
I was a witch and Isaac was a Wookie. Warrensburg does a Downtown trick or treating event. It was great because we were able to walk down the sidewalk and get a ton of candy from the business owners standing outside their businesses. We didn't have to ring doorbells or anything. Then we finished up our night by doing a little trick or treating in our neighborhood and finished watching the third Hobbit movie.
Van got straight A's on his report card. His goal is to get the all A's award at the end of the year. William got all A's and a B+ in math. I told him a B in advanced math is amazing! Their teachers said they are both kind students and help others. I was very pleased to hear that! We treated them to ice cream and a book from the Book Fair for their successful conferences.
I went with Van's class to a play at UCM. We walked there because his school is right across the street from UCM. Soooo nice!
Isaac and I went on a double date with the Sentgeorge's to Cafe Blackadder's 10th anniversary. We got to hear our friends play some music. Aerin's art work is on display so that was neat to see all her paintings hung up.
Today at church, William bore his testimony. He just out of the blue said, "Mom, I want to go bear my testimony." So I said, "Okay, go ahead." It was very sweet and simple. Later, Van followed suit. It was a tender moment and the best was when their friend, Topher, high-fived them as they walked back to their seat. Later, Will told me, "Part of the reason I bore my testimony was because I was so bored and there was nothing else to do." Pa ha! I told him I was glad he did because I enjoyed it very much.
 |
| Having fun with Dad's camera |
 |
| Van loves plain Vanilla and Will loves plain ol chocolate |
 |
| My friend Aerin's watercolors at Blackadder |
 |
| L to R: Dad, Van, Mom, Will |
 |
| Sunday walk at UCM |
 |
| Van and Cecil were both Shadow Link. |
 |
Van told me to take a picture of him being tired after a day of Halloween festivities.
Overheard at our house:
- Last night Van said, "Mom, I feel like my Friday and Saturday would have been more funner if Dad was here." I acted offended and he reassured me, "It's not that I don't like you, it's just that I like it when both my parents are here." I agreed!
- Will told me this past week, "I don't want to be a Midwesterner. There's too many red necks."
|
Comments