A New School Year

Will is in 5th grade this year and Van is in 3rd grade! They are both at the same school now--Martin Warren. Will has Mrs. Nigro and Van has Ms. Seward. They started August 15th.
This is what Van has to say about school so far: "It's okay. My favorite subject is reading. I love library. I also like P.E. and Music. Ms. Seward is very nice. I like playing four square at recess. I want to get the all A's award and so far so good. I love snack time. My favorite books are the Manga ones. And I also like the comics. And Goodbye! P.S. Martin Warren is awesome!"

Will's take on school so far: "I hate it. Everybody sucks." He and Van laughed. However, this statement turned into a one hour discussion about why he hates it and how changing his attitude can change his experience. His biggest thing is that he doesn't like contention--when teachers get upset with the students. I said, "Well unfortunately, Mrs. Matthews is an exceptional teacher who has dedicated herself to not yelling at kids and successfully mastered that." Will somberly agreed. 
Mrs. Matthews was his teacher last year. I assured him that once he gets to know Mrs. Nigro and once she gets to know the kids, it will be better. But also, it's up to him on whether it will be a good year or not.




This is our Legend of Zelda aggravation board. We've been working on it the past few weeks. Isaac and William did most of it. Awesome huh!

I survived my first week of preschool! It was awesome as usual. I'm so grateful to have a job I LOVE. I'm feeling great and I'm happy to be back in a daily routine. My scan came back positive--no signs of cancer in the lungs and thryoid. Woo hoo! So now, I return once a year for an ultra sound for ten years to make sure it hasn't recurred. I will see my endocrinologist 3 or so times a year to make sure my hormone levels are balanced. 



We started our Saturday morning with a Yummy's donut with the Sentgeorge's. Will is so excited to have a donut! lol

What Isaac has to say about his job:
"I am feeling optimistic about this year. I've got lots of fun classes. I have some ambitious projects in the works for the ensemble and for my classes. I'm feeling good about my job overall--my trajectory as a professor- I'm doing good work, my article is up for review, I'm on good committees, and I love the people I work with."

We miss y'all! Hope you are doing well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!