And Now Starring.....The Bickmore's! Bickmore Buzz May 5, 2019
What an exciting week it was for us! Wednesday, Isaac and I got to go with William to Jefferson City for his 4th grade field trip. We toured the state capitol and Governor's mansion. The capital building was under construction, but it was fun to see a new part of Missouri. William got to ride the charter bus. He was impressed that the seats reclined and there was a bathroom on the bus. It was a tiring day! We left at 9 and arrived home at 6 pm.

Tonight was Isaac's New Music Ensemble concert. The theme was A Living Room TV Themed song Sing Along. It was FANTASTIC. My favorite was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The songs they performed included the Folgers commercial, Adventure Time, Pokemon, Power Rangers...stuff that the members of the ensemble watched as kids. It was the perfect concert for the boys to attend. Very entertaining and engaging.
Overheard at our house:
We started a marble jar to promote kindness. Whenever the boys say "Okay" right away without whining or say kind words to us or to each other, they get a marble in the jar. When the jar fills up, they can get a combo meal.
When Van was getting ready for his recital, he slipped on his shoes and said, "And now for the finishing touch."
William was ticked that I wanted him to go on a walk with me today. Mostly because his friend couldn't join us. During the walk he said, "Walks are boring because 3/4 of the world do it all the time. If you do something that everyone else does, it's not fun." His comment segued into a discussion about finding joy in the little things in life and the three of us taking turns saying what we're grateful for. Here's a picture of our walk last week at Lion's Lake.
I love that Will still has such a playful and imaginative side to him. Today, he was typing up a Technology Bill for Truman Huff (aka Tony Stark when the boys play Marvel) on the computer. He and Van are constantly pretending to be Marvel characters in the MAU. Last night, we had a cookout with our friends and even their 12 year old son was joining in. I love that about younger boys. I'll be sad when those playful days end.
Thursday was the boys' spring piano recital! They did such an amazing job! They were the first two to perform and they had so much confidence. I did take some videos so once I upload them to youtube, I will send them. Here's some photos of them with their teacher Miss Jenae Maley. She is moving next month after her wedding. We will miss her! She's also been student teaching at William's school and has done a lot of good for the music department at UCM.
| Brownie smile! |
Right before the recital, we went to Van's art show at his school. Don't you love his self portrait??
Friday, Isaac and I sang at the UCM Choral Gala. It was at the Knob Hill Barn in Knob Noster. Here is an article advertising the event in the local Warrensburg paper. We were a hit! We did the dinner entertainment which was way less nerve racking because there weren't 200 people looking at us. We joined the band Luhrman and Check after the party and did some numbers. We started with "You Can't Always Get What you Want". It was the perfect one to start the after party with because everyone was singing along and holding up the candles, swaying back and forth. We also did "I'll Fly Away" and. "The Weight." It was just so much fun. The crazy thing is 3 hours before show time, I threw up! I was worried Isaac was going to have to do it alone. I asked Isaac for a blessing and just forced myself out of bed. Then Isaac reminded me that Michael Jordan had the flu in the NBA finals of 98 and did amazing. That brought me a lot of comfort. I ate some saltines and sipped water and apple juice. I felt much better and improved as the night went on. It must have been something I had for lunch because I felt fine all morning and then it just hit me out of the blue while I was cleaning the kitchen. I'm just thankful I got to sing with Isaac and have the opportunity to perform.
Tonight was Isaac's New Music Ensemble concert. The theme was A Living Room TV Themed song Sing Along. It was FANTASTIC. My favorite was Fresh Prince of Bel Air. The songs they performed included the Folgers commercial, Adventure Time, Pokemon, Power Rangers...stuff that the members of the ensemble watched as kids. It was the perfect concert for the boys to attend. Very entertaining and engaging.
Overheard at our house:
We started a marble jar to promote kindness. Whenever the boys say "Okay" right away without whining or say kind words to us or to each other, they get a marble in the jar. When the jar fills up, they can get a combo meal.
When Van was getting ready for his recital, he slipped on his shoes and said, "And now for the finishing touch."
William was ticked that I wanted him to go on a walk with me today. Mostly because his friend couldn't join us. During the walk he said, "Walks are boring because 3/4 of the world do it all the time. If you do something that everyone else does, it's not fun." His comment segued into a discussion about finding joy in the little things in life and the three of us taking turns saying what we're grateful for. Here's a picture of our walk last week at Lion's Lake.
I love that Will still has such a playful and imaginative side to him. Today, he was typing up a Technology Bill for Truman Huff (aka Tony Stark when the boys play Marvel) on the computer. He and Van are constantly pretending to be Marvel characters in the MAU. Last night, we had a cookout with our friends and even their 12 year old son was joining in. I love that about younger boys. I'll be sad when those playful days end.

Comments