Bickmore Buzz April 8, 2019
Hi Family!
Spring is here! Yay! I love being back in a state with four distinct seasons. The spring blossoms are BEAUTIFUL. We planted a vegetable garden on Saturday--tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, strawberries, peppers, cucumbers, garlic, onions, raspberries and blueberries! Let's hope it turns out delicious. Isaac built a garden box and a cage to go over it to keep out the bunnies. We also want to plant a cherry tree, sunflowers, herbs, and wildflowers that attract butterflies and honeybees.
Spring is here! Yay! I love being back in a state with four distinct seasons. The spring blossoms are BEAUTIFUL. We planted a vegetable garden on Saturday--tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, strawberries, peppers, cucumbers, garlic, onions, raspberries and blueberries! Let's hope it turns out delicious. Isaac built a garden box and a cage to go over it to keep out the bunnies. We also want to plant a cherry tree, sunflowers, herbs, and wildflowers that attract butterflies and honeybees.
Friday night Isaac and I sang at Cafe Blackadder--our favorite restaurant here in town. It took some adjusting to--singing at a restaurant while everyone was eating, but by the second set, we were awesome! There were technical difficulties so only one microphone worked, but it worked out great. We scored a free meal and $20 in tips. We bought some gelato at Spin Pizza afterward with our tip money.
We have another gig in May at the UCM choral gala. They wanted some pics of us to advertise with. We've never taken artistic photos before so that was pretty fun. Our neighbor, Mike Bersin took them for us. We went in the alley downtown.
Another round of Taekwondo testing for the boys! They now have their yellow belts!
Van did an April Fool's prank! He pulled out all of the towels from the closet and threw them on my bed. When I told him he had to help clean them up he said, "No, that was my prank! YOU have to clean it up!" That morning the boys woke up with drawn mustaches--my usual prank I play on them!
Our last pinewood derby! Our church will no longer be a part of the BSA starting in 2020 so all the scouting events this year will be their last. William came in 5th place overall and Van won first place in three different races! He was soooo stoked when he won first. He would scream, jump up and down and dive into my arms for a bear hug. Of course, I was victory dancing right along with him!
Here they are at pack meeting learning all about bike safety!
We love and miss you all! We really love living here in Warrensburg. It's such a friendly, beautiful town. Like I've said before and will say again, if our family was here with us it would be perfect. We're coming to Utah in June...we can't wait!
Overheard at our house:
- Van has been such a drama king lately and so stubborn and disrespectful. Whenever I ask him to do something he immediately responds with, "I'm starving! I need a snack!" When I tell him he can eat after he does whatever it was I asked him to do he yells, "So what? You want me to starve to death?!"
- Once when Isaac was cleaning up all of his papers, he threatened him with "If you throw that away, I'm leaving this family!"
- Van also thinks he's part wolf. He signs all of his school papers "Wolfboy". When I asked him why he thinks he's part wolf he said, "Because I eat messy and don't wolves eat messy? I also like meat and so do wolves."
- Will and Van are both into magic tricks. They love watching people on TV do magic. Van is convinced that his cousin Cade, can do magic. Last summer at our reunion, Cade kept making things disappear and reappear in a different place. Van still talks about it and can't figure out how he did it. The only conclusion he can come to is that Cade is truly magic.
- William has been practicing his magic tricks and is wise when he chooses who to perform them for---the preschoolers and kindergarteners in our ward and neighborhood. Ha!
- When I asked Will and Van if they wanted to come to Cafe Blackadder, Will said, "No, I don't like your songs." Pshhh


Comments