Bickmore Buzz March 24, 2019
SPRING BREAK!
Grandma Lisa and Papa John came to visit us this week! Unfortunately, the flu has been spreading like wild fire in Warrensburg and our family ended up getting it. Each of us took a turn spending the day in bed. William was the first one to get a fever. I took him in for a strep and flu test and he tested positive for the flu. The next day Van was ill and spent the day in bed. The day after that, Isaac and I spent half the day in bed. Whenever I got up I felt like I was going to faint or throw up. The day after that everyone was feeling better so we showed Grandma and Papa the Cave Hollow trail, our new favorite Mexican restaurant Taqueria Habana, the Warrensburg historical museum and the Pertle Springs trail. That night we watched School of Rock and had a delicious snack dinner. The next morning, Van was running a fever and slept most of the morning. Isaac was also very sick. Will and I went out to lunch with Grandma and Papa to Cafe Blackadder and after that we all went to drop them off at the airport.
Goodbyes are the worst. William especially gets very sad. He's cried a few times this weekend about missing Grandma and Papa and family.
So, even though we were all sick, there were some fun times to be had:
Grandma Lisa and Papa John came to visit us this week! Unfortunately, the flu has been spreading like wild fire in Warrensburg and our family ended up getting it. Each of us took a turn spending the day in bed. William was the first one to get a fever. I took him in for a strep and flu test and he tested positive for the flu. The next day Van was ill and spent the day in bed. The day after that, Isaac and I spent half the day in bed. Whenever I got up I felt like I was going to faint or throw up. The day after that everyone was feeling better so we showed Grandma and Papa the Cave Hollow trail, our new favorite Mexican restaurant Taqueria Habana, the Warrensburg historical museum and the Pertle Springs trail. That night we watched School of Rock and had a delicious snack dinner. The next morning, Van was running a fever and slept most of the morning. Isaac was also very sick. Will and I went out to lunch with Grandma and Papa to Cafe Blackadder and after that we all went to drop them off at the airport.
Goodbyes are the worst. William especially gets very sad. He's cried a few times this weekend about missing Grandma and Papa and family.
So, even though we were all sick, there were some fun times to be had:
- we went to the Children's Literature festival at UCM
- Grandma Lisa baked cinnamon rolls, muffins, and biscuits.
- Isaac and his mom saw Captain Marvel.
- painting and drawing together
- Grandma reading the boys "The Magical Misfits" by Neil Patrick Harris. She brings a book whenever she visits and reads it in its entirety during her stay.
- walking through the wetlands preserve trail in Lees Summit




Comments