Bickmore Buzz Feb. 24, 2019

Hi family!
We had our SIXTH snow day this school year on Wednesday. I hear it may not be the last and that this has been an unusual winter as far as the amount of canceled school days. So now our kids have school until May 31st. Tuesday night when the storm kicked in, the boys were dancing around hoping for another snow day. When I told them Wednesday morning that school was canceled there was plenty of celebratory dabbing and flossing that followed.

Friday and Saturday we had two guests come stay at our home from Nairobi, Kenya! They were members of the Nairobi Chamber Chorus and came to Missouri to perform at various places for a week. Their first stop was Warrensburg. Dr. Zrust from UCM arranged their visit. They did a concert yesterday and sang with the UCM choirs and Warrensburg High School chamber choir. The final number was Ukuthula, a hymn from Africa, a Zulu prayer for peace in the world. Here is a video when they sang it in Florida to give you a taste of what we got to hear yesterday. Even William said, "Wow, this is really pretty!" We were sitting in the Methodist chapel and the singers surrounded the pews to create this amazing sound all around---it gave me goose bumps! After the concert, we brought the boys back home and hired a neighbor boy to babysit Will and Van. It was their first time having a boy babysitter. :) Then Isaac and I went to Dr. Zrust's house for dinner with the Nairobi Choir. We had a lot of fun. Towards the end, Isaac started playing music and we all danced together. This morning we had to say goodbye and they asked to get a picture. They also gave us a beautiful wooden bowl from Kenya as a thank you gift. Their English names were Mark and Kelvin. 


Isaac built some blanket canopies for the boys. They love it! I love it because I don't have to see the mess of blankets and books.


Van pretending to be a skull king


This is Van's friend, Ellie, from church. He wrote her a love note for Valentine's Day. He asked if he could get her a present and I told him I didn't think that was appropriate. Will said, "I would never do that. I wouldn't want someone to feel uncomfortable." When I went to Van's class party, I snapped this picture of the two of them.  


We're excited for winter to be over! Who knows when that will be? Today we bundled up and went on a walk. Even though it was chilly, the ground was dry and the sun was bright and shining. Yay for being outside!

We love you! Life in Missouri is treating us well. We miss you all! We're excited for Grandma Lisa and Papa John to come visit next month!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!