Bickmore Buzz, Feb. 10, 2019
Hi family!
We had THREE snow days in a row--Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday due to an ice storm. All schools were cancelled including UCM. This was our first real ice storm and it is my new favorite thing. When we finally were able to get out of the house on Friday, it looked like someone shook silver glitter all over the city. It was BEAUTIFUL. It's so cool to see ice covering everything--even the stalks of grass.




What in the world did we do over the last five days? The boys played LOTS of video games. We watched some movies, baked bread and brownies, frosted sugar cookies, made our Valentine boxes, played Aggravation, and whatever else we could think of to pass the time. On Friday, we spent a large part of the afternoon with our friends the Guanellas while Isaac worked at home. I was able to deep clean the living room and my bedroom/bathroom which was thrilling. I also made it a point to exercise and do yoga. Isaac and I have watched several episodes of The Office (yes I am FINALLY watching this show!! It's so hilarious!) and yesterday when our boys went to the birthday party, we saw the movie "Glass". After that, we watched the last half of the UCM Mules Basketball game and then took the boys to the fitness center and played ping pong and walked the track. The boys keep asking me to check the weather, hoping they'll get another snow day tomorrow. Isaac said if it ends up being another snow day he's going to eat his hat. Ha ha!
Here's a picture of what was happening in the state of Missouri Thursday night. Yes, this is a valid weather report!
In other news, the boys got their next belts in Tae Kwon Do. They really enjoy it. Isaac is doing it too!
Van had an upset stomach on the first snow day. He's already such a bossy pants and it's 1000 times worse when he's sick. "Dad! I need my pillow!" "Will someone PLEASE GET ME SOME WATER?!" "I'm hungry! What can I eat?" Isaac brought him the pillow and oatmeal. William came up to me and whispered, "Mom, I'm going to set up a movie on the iPad for Van." He was so excited to do something kind for him. Awwww! You can see it in the photo below.
Also, check out the updated preschool website where I teach! Can you see why I love my job so much?
Ok! Let's see what this week brings! Hopefully Valentine's Day won't be cancelled! Church was canceled today too due to the weather. Crazy, but crazy awesome!
We love you!
Overheard at our house:
Wednesday morning, the boys and Isaac were watching the Captain Underpants movie. There is a character Professor P. At the point in the movie where you learn the P stands for Poopypants, Van stood up and announced, "Dad....I pooped my pants." And so began his tummy problems for the day.
We had THREE snow days in a row--Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday due to an ice storm. All schools were cancelled including UCM. This was our first real ice storm and it is my new favorite thing. When we finally were able to get out of the house on Friday, it looked like someone shook silver glitter all over the city. It was BEAUTIFUL. It's so cool to see ice covering everything--even the stalks of grass.
What in the world did we do over the last five days? The boys played LOTS of video games. We watched some movies, baked bread and brownies, frosted sugar cookies, made our Valentine boxes, played Aggravation, and whatever else we could think of to pass the time. On Friday, we spent a large part of the afternoon with our friends the Guanellas while Isaac worked at home. I was able to deep clean the living room and my bedroom/bathroom which was thrilling. I also made it a point to exercise and do yoga. Isaac and I have watched several episodes of The Office (yes I am FINALLY watching this show!! It's so hilarious!) and yesterday when our boys went to the birthday party, we saw the movie "Glass". After that, we watched the last half of the UCM Mules Basketball game and then took the boys to the fitness center and played ping pong and walked the track. The boys keep asking me to check the weather, hoping they'll get another snow day tomorrow. Isaac said if it ends up being another snow day he's going to eat his hat. Ha ha!
Here's a picture of what was happening in the state of Missouri Thursday night. Yes, this is a valid weather report!
In other news, the boys got their next belts in Tae Kwon Do. They really enjoy it. Isaac is doing it too!
Making pizzas with the Guanellas!
Getting strong with Yoga with Adriene! I've been doing her 30 days of Yoga. The only problem is I'm on Day 28 and I started the week before Christmas. Maybe next time I'll actually finish it in 30 days--like actually do it every day. Ha ha. I feel way less stressed and anxious this school year. I started a low dose of anti-anxiety medication in August and that has definitely helped. I like Yoga and recently have begun guided meditation with the boys every night. Van calls it "Guided Mental-tation" William gets anxious too so I'm glad I've had this personal challenge of anxiety the last 6 years so I know what can help--exercise, diet, guided imagery, positive self talk, counseling, love, support, etc.
Also, check out the updated preschool website where I teach! Can you see why I love my job so much?
Ok! Let's see what this week brings! Hopefully Valentine's Day won't be cancelled! Church was canceled today too due to the weather. Crazy, but crazy awesome!
We love you!
Overheard at our house:
Wednesday morning, the boys and Isaac were watching the Captain Underpants movie. There is a character Professor P. At the point in the movie where you learn the P stands for Poopypants, Van stood up and announced, "Dad....I pooped my pants." And so began his tummy problems for the day.

Comments