Happy Birthday Isaac!

This is us the day before Isaac's birthday. We usually do a certain loop on our bikes and Isaac suggested we bike to Pertle Springs. I was hesitant because that's how I usually am with change. He encouraged me and insisted that it would be fun and not too hard--my legs are weak and there's so many hills in this town! I obliged and I'm so glad I did. It was a beautiful ride! I was huffin it and Isaac was easily biking up all the hills. Ha! Isaac doesn't start back to school until tomorrow so we've had afternoons together. He drops me off and picks me up from work. Barb, at the front desk, announces, "Your chariot awaits!" and I know Isaac has arrived to pick me up. He patiently waits for me to get things settled before I grab my things to go. 

Happy Birthday to my best friend! Isaac is such a loving and supportive husband. Every morning he wakes before the rest of us (I am NOT a morning person), makes oatmeal for all of us, packs the boys' lunches and makes sure the boys catch the bus on time--all the while I'm in the bathroom getting ready for work. On the morning of his birthday, I made sure to get up and fix breakfast, get the boys up to finish their cards, sing happy birthday, and deliver his presents--shirts, headphones, and a refillable cup. Then I quickly got ready for work, came out to kiss the boys goodbye and realized I didn't pack their lunch! Isaac said, "I got it! They're packed and ready." That's how he rolls. He lovingly makes up for my slack, even on his birthday. He brought Cafe Blackadder sandwiches home for lunch. Yummm!

We had a birthday date night planned, but got hit with a winter storm!! Check out our neighborhood after less than 24 hours of snow! We decided to stay in, ordered a pizza, and watched Black Panther. Yesterday, Isaac built a fort with the boys while I worked on stuff for school. He said Van laid in the snow the whole time and ate it. LOL William was a big helper and filled the tub to make bricks. 

I had a good first week back to school and so did the boys. William came down with pink eye last night so we'll have to take him to the doctor tomorrow. His poor eye is so red and swollen. 

Overheard at our house:
Van: "I'm so hungry I could eat veggie bacon!"
Church was canceled today because of the snow so Van conducted home church for us. He found a box and stacked pillows on top for a podium. We sang songs, watched a video about feeding the 5,000 and then he turned the time over for any questions. He also said, "Now we're going to go around the neighborhood and deliver food." I asked what his plan was to go about doing that. He gave it a second thought and decided against it. I felt bad for turning down his idea, so I'll have to make sure we take someone dinner this week. 

I failed to mention in the previous post that Will asked Isaac this year if Santa was real. Isaac told him the truth, but led a beautiful discussion about the spirit of Santa. Will was disappointed to let go of that part of his childhood, but later had fun elbowing me and giving me winks when Van would say something about Santa. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!