We're still here!

Hi Family!
We had an awesome summer 2018! We got to see so many family members and it was FANTASTIC! I'll have to upload pics of all the fun adventures. Here's what's been happening so far with our new semester:

Will and Van both got the teachers I was hoping for! Will has Mrs. Matthews and Van has Mrs. Sachs. William was not thrilled about starting school again. Van was really excited and has enjoyed it so far.




I LOVE my new job teaching at the fine arts preschool at Center Stage Academy!! I was nervous about teaching three year olds but it is so much fun. The way some of them tell you "NO" with such determination is hilarious and way better than a fourth grader telling you that. I teach half day which is soooo nice because I don't feel completely spent by the end of the school day. My assistant teacher, Anne Marie, is such a wonderful person. She is so positive and easy going. I love her! She also has two kids--a ten year old and a three year old (one of our students!) and we're the same age. She is a former teacher so she's very helpful and hands on. I have to say, I think I do very well teaching this age. I love singing all the different finger plays, getting them pumped up for the next activity, and talking to them with a puppet. Everyday I go to work thinking, "I love my job!" and it's the best feeling.






Isaac has a great schedule this semester. He doesn't have to observe student teachers and he has a lot of time built in for research and writing. He rides his bike everyday to work. He and the boys are taking martial arts together. The coach is hard core so when the boys are being disrespectful, I'll say, "I'm going to tell Coach Shipman how you're treating me" and they shape up real fast. Will and Van are also taking piano lessons. It's fun to listen to them practice. I have to make sure I sit in occasionally to remind them "No stabby fingers and no pancake hands!"

So there's a quick summary of the positive things happening here in Warrensburg Missouri. We miss you all like crazy. The weekends get pretty bluesy after having non stop family time for a month. We hope and pray all is well with you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!