Summer camps!

Van participated in the Junior Mule summer camp at UCM. Isaac helped with it and I'm so grateful Van had the experience. He spent 4 hours everyday for a week preparing the musical 'The Three Nanny Goats". Van was Andy the goat and Isaac was the narrator. My friend took a video and posted it on Facebook. I tagged the grandparents so they could watch it. Someday, I'll pay for a phone that has TONS of storage so I can actually video these things myself. Or invest in a camera. How do you guys manage family videos??

In June, our kids attended summer school camp. I had the opportunity to teach 4th grade for summer school. I LOVED it. It was 7:40-12:00, just Mon-Thurs for four weeks. I got to teach FUN subject matters--insects, natural disasters, sports, and theater! The students really enjoyed it!! I had a great class. It was refreshing to teach the way teaching should be.


William signed up for "Lights! Camera! Action!" We thought it was a movie making class. He came home angry the first day in tears saying, "It's THEATER!" Isaac and I assured him that theater is so much fun and some of our funnest experiences have been when we were in plays.  He was assigned a comedic role, Joe, in the play "3 Sideway stories from Wayside School".  They performed it the last day of camp and he stole the show!! The kids in the audience were laughing their heads off. His teacher awarded him "Most Comedic Actor" and gave him an Oscar replica trophy. I'm glad he stuck with it because he ended up having a positive experience.


Van loves to be with friends so he was happy to go to school everyday. His class seemed to do normal school work, but it didn't bother him one bit.  Isaac rode with the boys everyday on their bikes. The boys got free lunch and it was a nice way to start the day. The second week of school, we did a "No SCREEN for 7 days challenge" inspired by our prophet's challenge to the youth to avoid social media for a week. The first few days were rough for the kids, but by the end of the week, they were just fine! They had fun building their tinker crates that come in the mail once a month, building with legos, making up games, reading books, and just doing whatever they thought of!

We can't believe June is almost over! The boys and I leave for Utah on Monday!!
Van as Andy Goat


Crossing the bridge to eat some grass

Nanny Goats, BRAVE as can be!

Check out this smile! 

Van filled up his sticker chart and picked "Date with mom" for his prize! We went bowling at UCM. He took this picture of me. 

One on one kid dates are fun! Will's next!


Champion bowler

He was a pro by the end moving the ramp and aiming it just right

Fireflies aka Lightning bugs are the coolest! Van loves catching them in his hands. We've caught a few in a jar this summer!

William loves the Tinker crates! He does an amazing job putting them together. They're right at his age level. Here's his hydraulic claw. 

Here's our STAR William taking a bow at the end of his play. He said he was shaking right before he had to perform. We told him they were the jitters!


The Sideways stories cast!

Our friends, the Huffs, came to support Will and cheer him on! His friend said, "William, you were the best out of all of em!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!