Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!
I've had such a productive weekend. Isaac and the boys went to the Father and sons campout Friday night and Saturday morning. I took advantage of my "me time"---planted some flowers in a pot for the front porch, went with some friends to get a snow cone and then went to book club. Saturday morning, I did a work out and then cleaned the entire upstairs. When Isaac got back we went to Lowe's and Walmart to get some things in preparation for Grandma Lisa and Papa John's visit this week!! We are so excited to have them come visit! The awesome thing is Aunt Abbey and Uncle Michael will be coming this weekend too!! Par-tay at the Bickmore's!

This morning the boys fixed me breakfast in bed--waffles with homemade blueberry syrup-yum yum. Isaac bought me a hammock that we tied in between the two front trees--it is so relaxing. Will keeps saying "our hammock" and I'm quick to remind him that it's MY hammock, but I'm willing to share it. Van made me a homemade journal. He knows I love to journal and I thought it was such a sweet idea. Isaac said he was really excited to make it for me. Will made a top ten list of reasons I'm a great mom. I just love Mother's Day and getting spoiled. The wonderful thing is that even when it's not Mother's Day Isaac and the boys make me feel valued and appreciated.

May has been a craaaazy month! It feels like December because everything starts happening at once with all the end of the year activities. Maple Grove had their art show the first week. It was very impressive. I've told the art teacher more than once what a fantastic job she did displaying the art work around the school. This past week, I helped with Teacher Appreciation week at Maple Grove. I was tied up during the day subbing at Sterling, but did my best to assist before and after school and picking up items. My friend Renee and I were both so happy when Friday came and we didn't have to stress about it anymore. She did an amazing job with all the displays. That is not my forte so I'm glad she can do that part.

The sub job that I've been assigned to is a little overwhelming. The class is pretty challenging, but they're getting better. The teacher is very disorganized, I think because she has very little support with her class. I've had to help them with their Living Museum reports. They also have to make a poster and present them this Thursday night. Eeek! I'll be relieved when that's over with. I'm taking three days off while our family is here so that will be nice. Thankfully Isaac is done with classes. He's been a rockstar getting the boys ready for school and holding down the fort here at home. He is going to finish up his presentation for Boston this week and then get summer semester squared away.

Remember my goal to have my emergency kit ready by the end of April? Well we ended up having a tornado warning the first week of May and I was so grateful I was prepared. The boys were very nervous when the sirens went off. Van had his ears covered and when we sat down in our "clubhouse" under the stairs he cried, "I want to move!" Thankfully, we had it all vacuumed, and organized so there was plenty of sitting space. Isaac turned on Netflix on his laptop. Five minutes later, William said, "This is actually fun!" 45 minutes later the tornado warning went back to Tornado watch and was expected to last until 1:00 am so we got out the sleeping bags and slept in the basement. The boys especially loved having a family sleepover. In the end, it wasn't so bad. Although, when we were hiding in our shelter under the stairs, I noticed William wasn't wearing a shirt and none of us had shoes on, so next time we'll make sure we grab our shoes or keep some extra pairs in our kit. Ha!

Last weekend Isaac and I went on a date. We ate at Cafe Blackadder (the BEST) and listened to his colleague's trio perform. They were soooo good. Eddie, our open mic friend, is scheduling us for the Old Courthouse series this fall. So, we need to prepare an hour's worth of music. Yay! We're also singing at the Lion's Club next month. After close to 15 years of marriage, we've hardly sung together  so these gigs will be a good opportunity to help us change that.

We went to Retrograde--this retro arcade place that is also a non profit for low income families. I love discovering things in this town that remind me that this is a neat place to live. We have new neighbors that just moved in across the street. They are so nice and I'm glad I get to live in a safe, friendly neighborhood.

William DREW this!! It's Link from Legend of Zelda. I asked him three times if he traced it and he said, "No, I looked at the picture and copied it."  WOW.

This was a song at the new technology music ensemble where the audience could play along.





Here we are in our tornado shelter wearing our helmets in case a tornado blew some debris at our heads!

By WILLIAM, "Link"

Van, making me laugh with my hair claw on his head.

Making me laugh again, doing a pig nose on the balloon.

Van's teacher Mrs. Holmes, planned a Mother's Day tea on Friday. Each of the kids recited a verse in a poem about mothers and their jobs. Then we were treated with cookies and lemonade. Van presented some presents to me. Then we ate lunch together. It was such a special event! We even planned our matching shirts!

These are the presents Van made in class.

Overheard:
During the Mother's Day tea, I said, "Let's talk Van." He then said, "Mom. I love you." pause "I don't really know what to talk about." I said, "Tell me about your day so far."

William: "When will Grandma be here?" He is so excited and asks me this everyday!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!