Is It Spring Yet?
Howdy family!
On Thursday it was 85 degrees and today it was 35 and snowed (lightly). Missouri's weather is sooo cray cray! I was loving the sunshine on Thursday. I actually miss the sizzling Arizona sun. The blossoms on all the trees are beautiful. We have two trees in our front yard covered in white blossoms.
Yesterday was the Old Drum Festival. It felt like I was in Pawnee, Indiana in a Parks and Rec episode. Warrensburg has a mascot--Old Drum the Dog. Every year they honor him and invite the town to bring their dogs to this event. There's a reenactment of the trial that started this whole Old Drum tradition. I was looking forward to seeing the trial, but it was freezing and we would have had to wait for forty five minutes. We chose to head home instead. After that we went to my friend's wedding. It was supposed to be in June so I was shocked when she called yesterday and asked if I could come to her wedding. We and another friend were the only guests so Isaac was a witness for it. Crazy, but I love surprises too! After the wedding, we went to dinner at the Sentgeorge's house.
We're staying busy! Isaac and I are making an effort to work out for 30 minutes everyday. I feel like a rock star substitute. I often hear "That's our substitute!" when I'm out and about. It's hilarious. A few weeks ago, I had subbed for two weeks for this 4th grade class because their teacher had an operation. On the last day, one of the students brought me a chocolate bar and a card that said on the inside, "Thanks for being the best substitute ever." Is that awesome or what? Ha ha, little things like that really make my day. Yesterday, one of the primary teachers mailed a note thanking me for my hard work in primary. I want to be more thoughtful like these people and send cards to those around me to let them know my appreciation.
My goal this weekend was to set up an emergency kit since tornado season is upon us. We have everything we need except for Food...something pretty important to survival so I'm going to set up some 72 hour backpacks tomorrow. I went to the ready.gov site and bought everything on the list. I feel much better. I've been talking to the kids about what to do if there is a tornado---get to the middle of the building, find a room with no windows, cover your head. If we're here at home we have to get to the closet under the stairs. I told the boys, it's rare that a tornado will blow our house away, but we want to be prepared just in case!
Overheard at our house:
On Thursday it was 85 degrees and today it was 35 and snowed (lightly). Missouri's weather is sooo cray cray! I was loving the sunshine on Thursday. I actually miss the sizzling Arizona sun. The blossoms on all the trees are beautiful. We have two trees in our front yard covered in white blossoms.
Yesterday was the Old Drum Festival. It felt like I was in Pawnee, Indiana in a Parks and Rec episode. Warrensburg has a mascot--Old Drum the Dog. Every year they honor him and invite the town to bring their dogs to this event. There's a reenactment of the trial that started this whole Old Drum tradition. I was looking forward to seeing the trial, but it was freezing and we would have had to wait for forty five minutes. We chose to head home instead. After that we went to my friend's wedding. It was supposed to be in June so I was shocked when she called yesterday and asked if I could come to her wedding. We and another friend were the only guests so Isaac was a witness for it. Crazy, but I love surprises too! After the wedding, we went to dinner at the Sentgeorge's house.
We're staying busy! Isaac and I are making an effort to work out for 30 minutes everyday. I feel like a rock star substitute. I often hear "That's our substitute!" when I'm out and about. It's hilarious. A few weeks ago, I had subbed for two weeks for this 4th grade class because their teacher had an operation. On the last day, one of the students brought me a chocolate bar and a card that said on the inside, "Thanks for being the best substitute ever." Is that awesome or what? Ha ha, little things like that really make my day. Yesterday, one of the primary teachers mailed a note thanking me for my hard work in primary. I want to be more thoughtful like these people and send cards to those around me to let them know my appreciation.
My goal this weekend was to set up an emergency kit since tornado season is upon us. We have everything we need except for Food...something pretty important to survival so I'm going to set up some 72 hour backpacks tomorrow. I went to the ready.gov site and bought everything on the list. I feel much better. I've been talking to the kids about what to do if there is a tornado---get to the middle of the building, find a room with no windows, cover your head. If we're here at home we have to get to the closet under the stairs. I told the boys, it's rare that a tornado will blow our house away, but we want to be prepared just in case!
Overheard at our house:
- The boys found a tiny snake in the backyard today. Since it was cold outside, William suggested jokingly, "We should put it in the microwave to get warm!"
- Van has a loose tooth that has turned into a snaggel tooth. It's so funny to watch him push it with his tongue.
Comments