Hi family!
Spring is here to stay! Yipee! We've loved playing outside for hours. This morning I went on a walk before church--it was so lovely and peaceful along the trails.
Isaac has his first technology ensemble concert tonight. I'm looking forward to it! He has been working hard finishing up the semester. He had the second "UkeCM"event at Planet Sub. It was a blast! There were 20 ukuleles for those who didn't have one. Chords were projected on the screen and we all played and sang along. The week before that, his technology ensemble did a Super Smash Bros tournament at Planet Sub. The ensemble planned the background music. Everyone had a great time. I love that Isaac is bringing the community together in fun and creative ways. He'll be presenting at a conference in Boston at the end of this month and then teaching summer masters courses in June and July.
William had his 3rd grade musical performance "Rumble in the Jungle" Thursday night. It was amazing. I was very impressed with how well the kids sang and played the instruments. Mr. Maple runs a tight ship. Isaac was sure to compliment him and make sure there were no hard feelings from the time he had to email him about William's anxiety with music class. Will was nervous leading up to the performance, but did a terrific job and still loves to sing the songs from the program.
Van lost his front tooth! I went on his class field trip to tour the historic sites of Warrensburg. We saw the old courthouse, the one room school house, the artifacts at the city museum and ate lunch at Blind Boone park. It was very fascinating. I love reading stories from the past and seeing old photographs.
I was offered a part time job at Center Stage Academy as the fine arts preschool director and I accepted!! I also accepted a long term sub job that begins this week and ends on the last day of school teaching 3rd grade. Then I accepted a job teaching summer school--4 hours a day, 4 days a week for 4 weeks in June. The boys aren't excited to do summer school but I think it will be good for us to wake up early, get started with the day, then come home at lunch and play the rest of the day.
Overheard at our house:
William does the dab after everything he says. He's in this transition stage where he's trying to be cool and grown up, but still wants to cuddle.
When Van is trying to get William's attention and Will is talking, he'll yell, "William, stop stop stop stop stop" really fast.
 |
| Super Smash Bros event |
 |
| Flying a kite |
 |
| Look at that sky! |
 |
| Van's class on the field trip |
 |
| I love the blossoms on the trees!! |
 |
| Missing tooth! It fell out at school again! |
 |
| One room school house tour |
 |
| Blind Boone Park at the field trip |
 |
| Super Smash bros |
 |
| Van said to me, "Look mom! My tongue looks like a butt!" |
 |
| Mule Rides at the Earth day fest |
 |
| Van's turn on the mule |
 |
| I love this view of the blossoms on the trees out front |
 |
| We went to our friends Holly and Jeff Freese's farm. This is Jessie the donkey. |
 |
| Here is Dani holding Georgie the duck |
 |
| Handsome William on the night of his 3rd grade performance |
 |
| William's action drawings on display at the school arts festival |
Comments