Happy New Year! 2018

Happy New Year! We had a great trip to Utah. We met our newest nephew, Myles Lamont, son of Mitch and Supriya. We also got to see their new house in Clearfield. We got to spend time with family and saw lots of old friends at Isaac's graduation party. Our trip ended on a stressful note. Our CRV had to get repaired, the repairs were very costly so we decided to trade it in and upgrade to a mini van. It's a 2008 Honda Odyssey. We really love it and have wanted a van for a long time. I guess it's good that we were forced (maybe strongly encouraged) into getting one. It's the first time in our 14 years of marriage that we have a car payment! Ugh! Cars=necessary evils. Also, we brought Heidi, the dog, home with us. It was something we were really looking forward to, but discovered that we are not dog owners and it's an added stress we don't need/want in our lives. She is the sweetest dog and so well behaved. She sat in the back seat the entire drive. Once she was home, we felt nothing but stress and realized she needed to be with someone who would love her and give her the care she needs. We found a wonderful owner in Jefferson City. She's had dogs before and it was clear that Heidi was going to a great place. I told her new owner that if she ever needs a dog sitter, we'd be happy to tend her. 

Isaac is having an awesome semester so far. I've heard at least three times, "I really love my job." It's music to my ears! He is teaching three classes and observing student teachers this semester. He had an outstanding recommendation for retention letter. He gets to go to a music conference this week at Lake of the Ozarks. He also found out today that he's been accepted to present at a conference in Boston this May. Woo hoo!

We've had two snow days where school was cancelled but not because of snow. This week, Tuesday was cancelled because of a wind chill of -17 degrees. Yes, NEGATIVE 17. The week before, school was dismissed early because they thought the rain would turn into ice. Thankfully, it never did. SO, this week will be the boys' first full week of school in 2018. 

I was so relieved to get back into subbing. I've found that I would not be happy if I had a work from home job. I do much better when I'm out of my house interacting with people. Especially this month! I've forgotten what a doozy January is when you live in a state with cold winters. We actually had a beautiful weekend here. It was in the 50s so we drove to Kansas City yesterday and toured the art museum. We only needed a sweatshirt! My neighbor said the running joke is, "If you don't like the weather in Missouri, stick around for 20 minutes." Haha! So true! It's nuts how quickly it changes here.

On our way back to Missouri in the mini van with our dog we kept for four days.
Myles Lamont Bickmore

William's story he wrote at school.  Page 1

Page 2

Same silly faces





The reflecting pool was a sheet of ice at the museum

The museum had a few of these giant badminton birdies on the lawn.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!