Bickmore Buzz Dec. 18, 2017




Good morning!
What a week! Isaac graduated on Monday!! The boys and I popped some popcorn and watched the video of the graduation on the ASU website. There are some great close up shots of Isaac and Dr. Stauffer. When Isaac received his diploma we cheered and jumped up and down. It was very exciting.   Isaac's parents were able to be there for the ceremonies.




On Wednesday, the boys and I went to pick up Isaac at the airport. When we were almost there, Isaac called and said his flight was delayed by two and a half hours. So I took the boys to the Harry S. Truman Library and the Liberty Jail site. We also stopped at McDonald's for lunch. 

This is where Harry S. Truman and his wife lived when they weren't living in the White House. I had no idea his presidential library was in Independence until I noticed the signs. It was very fascinating to see the different displays and read about his presidency. William was very disturbed during the exhibit of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima. I don't blame him! We talked about what a horrible thing war is and that we wish it didn't exist. 
This is the basement floor of the original Liberty Jail where Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum were imprisoned for four and a half months. The LDS church owns this site. There were sister missionaries there to give us the presentation on the historical background on the site and some revelations Joseph Smith received during his stay there. It was a nice intimate visit since we were the only visitors.

When we got Isaac, we stayed in Kansas City to celebrate his graduation and went to see Coco. My neck was so wet because of the tears streaming down my face. Pixar sure knows how to tug at my heart strings! It was a great movie!!

Lana sent me a picture schedule she uses for her daughter Nellie. I changed it to fit our family's schedule and it's really helped the boys so far. Instead of saying, "Have you brushed your teeth? Have you washed your face?" etc. I just say, "Look at your chart!" Van, our boss, keeps William on track, "William! You need to brush your teeth!" 

William had his first swim meet on Saturday. We haven't participated in one yet and when I found out that this one was a holiday classic right here in Warrensburg with toys from Santa, I registered William. He was not happy about it, but I told him he needed to give it a try. We did 4 races and we cheered him on. He was last in every race, but I reminded him that it's not about winning, it's about the experience. Afterward, they did a lottery draw for the toys on the table. William was second pick and picked out a GIANT nerf machine gun. It's a serious nerf gun that requires batteries to shoot the darts. So, he was glad he did the meet. 

That's William on the diving board.

William doing the butterfly stroke!

Isaac and I went on a date Saturday night to see the new Star Wars movie. We loved it! We do a date exchange with our friends. Will and Van get so excited to go to their house. 
We're excited for Christmas! Last night we made a gingerbread village with the kit we purchased from Wal Mart.

Van dressed up as an elf for school. They are having a holiday theme week and he loves picking out his outfits for the special days. 
Overheard at our house:
  • Van came home with a wrapped present. He said, "Mom this is something I made for you, but I'm NOT telling you what it is.", "Ok!" I said. Then he said, "If someone asks you if you need a calendar, say 'No'." I think I have a pretty good idea of what Van made me! Haha!
  • William, with tears in his eyes, said, "I can't believe some kids don't believe in Santa."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!