Bickmore Buzz Dec. 10, 2017

Isaac is graduating tomorrow!!!! Yipee skipee, hallelujah, thank the heavens, woo hoo, yahoo, praise the Lord, YES!! His parents are going to be there to cheer him on! I posted this story on Facebook and wanted to put it on my blog too.


5 years ago this coming summer, Isaac started his PhD program at ASU in Tempe, AZ. We tried to fit as much as we could in our UHaul, but had to forgo some items, like our Christmas tree. We bought a great condo close to the ASU campus, but it was much smaller than our home in Utah. I purchased a tiny artificial tree at Family Dollar and named it our "PhD Tree". Initially, we planned on lsaac completing his doctorate in three years. Last Christmas was his 4th year in the program. One night, our friends the Heders were over visiting and our tiny, white tree came crashing down to the ground. I yelped and then laughed. I cried out, "It's a sign! This has to be our LAST Christmas in this condo!" Sure enough, two months later, Isaac had an interview at UCM here in Warrensburg, MO and was offered the position to be the music education professor. Woo hoo! The day after Thanksgiving this year, we ventured to Lowe's and rewarded ourselves with a beautiful artifical tree. This tree is definitely not going to crash down. We are here to stay for a while. It all feels nerve racking and exciting. Today, Isaac left for Arizona to attend his graduation on Monday. I can't believe the day of graduation is finally here! We've both worked so hard and it feels good to relax by our beautiful tree knowing that that chapter will soon be behind us. I love you Isaac! I love our boys and all our adventures together. 
To Infinity and Beyond!


The boys and I made sugar cookies today and delivered them to our neighbors. Van wanted me to make a special one with ALL the sprinkles just for him. 


This was us at the Kansas City Zoo last weekend. We had some colder days this week, but this week it's supposed to get back up to low 50s. NICE.

This was a great week for us! I had a Girl's Night Out last night. There's five of us that are doing a book club. We read the book Jacob T. Marley, a prequel to the Christmas Carol and then we went and saw the movie, "The Man Who Invented Christmas" about Charles Dickens. It was so good!

Isaac is feeling good about his job. He doesn't like the administration side of it, but loves the teaching part! He's looking forward to a new semester with a new schedule and new students.

William is working on a book of Terraria pictures. He loves to research images on the iPad, draw a replica on paper and color it. I played Terraria with him last night. Van joined in the game too. They gave me plenty of useful armor and weapons to protect me!

Van loves to help in the kitchen. We made pizzas last night. He loves the part when we knead the dough and shape it into a pizza crust. He also loves helping me make cookies. William learned how to make Ramen noodles today and was surprised at how incredibly easy they were to make. My goals are to make a chore chart and an FHE chart to help them gain more skills. I'm also hoping to sit down more with them at the piano so they can get going with playing the piano.

We are counting down the days until Christmas!! Van came home with a chain so we get to tear off a link each night. We love listening to Christmas music --especially Carol of the Bells by the TransSiberian Orchestra. The boys LOVE that one. We emailed Santa Claus and told him what we wanted. We've been participating in Light the World. Mostly, we're eager to get to Utah to see our family and friends!!

Overheard at our house:
William: "I don't think Santa has to work that hard." Van- "Yes he does!" (sings) "He's making a list, he's checking it twice!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!