Bickmore Buzz Sept. 24, 2017

How is everyone doing? It's been HOT here in Missouri. The temperature has been in the upper 80s, low 90s. It's projected to cool off into the low 70s, high 60s this week. Yesterday was the Burg Fest. We walked around for a bit and came home hot and sweaty! The Burg Fest was funny. There were a bunch of vendors and a bounce house area for the kids, plus plenty of fried food options.

William's birthday is this coming Saturday!! He'll be 9 years old. Crazy! He's had a hard time adjusting to school.  For the past two weeks all I've heard is, "I hate school". He has a really rowdy class and he said the teachers yell a lot at the kids. I tell him to do his best and be grateful that he gets to go to school safely on a bus, learn in a nice environment with lots of neat supplies...like an IPAD. By Friday, I had had it with his negative attitude so I emailed the teacher and the counselor and told them about how Will is feeling towards school. The counselor talked to him on Friday. I could tell it made a difference for William. I suppose some years are harder than others. I know it's been hard on him being at a school that is only 3rd-5th grade. Also in Arizona, he was getting pulled out of the class a few times a day for small group work that was more accelerated so being in the same room with the same kids has been an adjustment. I hope William can have a better experience from here on out.

We love going on evening bike rides! The boys have learned to go up and down the hills. Van still needs some pushes when he's going up the hill, but once his legs are stronger, he'll be just fine. He rode his bike to school on Friday and did great!

The BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK IS THAT ISAAC HAS HIS DISSERTATION DEFENSE SCHEDULED on OCTOBER 11th. THE END IS NEAR!! WOO HOO!!! He booked his flight yesterday since he has to do it at ASU. 

Another photo taken this summer in Sophie's backyard. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!