When we moved here four years ago, I didn't have a teaching job. I was hoping that once I moved to AZ and could interview in person, I'd be able to land a job. It was the end of June and time was running out! I was hired for an ELL 2nd grade position at Sequoia Charter School in Mesa. That was definitely my hardest year of teaching. Moving away from family, going back to full time work, Isaac starting a PhD program--it was a lot to handle. Plus we moved again from the house we were renting and moved into our condo before Christmas. The school itself gave little support to the teachers and students. While I was so thankful that I was able to have a job, I was determined to leave and return to the non charter schools. I checked the Tempe school district openings weekly and when there were 5 first grade openings, I emailed all the principals. One of the schools that had an opening was Carminati. I was excited because I had just completed a screening interview with that same principal at the job fair which means I had a connection. That night, I was asked to serve as primary president. I told the Bishop I could do it if I found another job. I decided to exercise my faith and say yes. Five hours later, Ms. Sharpe emailed me back and asked me to come in for an interview. It was so clear to me that this job was an answer to my prayer and that I was definitely going to get it! It was the easiest interview I've ever had. I had so much confidence and peace. Ms. Sharpe offered me the job on the spot and I left the school on cloud nine. Carminati was our neighborhood school and only five minutes away. It's been a wonderful place to teach the last three years. William attended Kindergarten, first, and second grade there. Van attended Kindergarten. I got to teach William which was a memorable experience and one that I may never get to have again! Van said, "I'm so sad I won't get to be in your class next year! I want to be in room 1-1-7." Awww! Me too! I loved the staff members I taught with. They were definitely my family away from home. Goodbye Carminati! We'll miss you!

 |
| Isaac and I celebrated the last day of school by going to Tucson and seeing Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds. |
 |
| I invited Van's Kindergarten class the last week of school to introduce them to first grade. There he is hugging Josiah. |
 |
| Van participated in the talent show this year. He and four other boys danced to Uptown Funk. We watched the music video and pieced together an outfit that was similar to the ones the guys wore in the video. |
 |
| Brian Wilson! |
 |
| I love Will's second grade teacher Katie Breed. She is such an awesome teacher. She and I had some great conversations and I really look up to her as a person! Another perk to teaching at my kids' school is that I got to pick their teachers! |
 |
| Some of the teachers did a dance to "Hair Up" from the Trolls movie. My pink "hair" flopped over. Oops! My cute student Delilah is standing behind me. She rocked singing a solo "Lost Boy". I was so proud of her! |
 |
| The picture on the left was taken a month before we moved to Arizona at Nibley Park where I tutored after school and Isaac taught music. Look how much the boys grew in four years! |
 |
| We love Mrs. Brown! Van LOVED going to library for specials and William got to meet with her every morning for reading groups. She and I did work together for the Social Committee. She is awesome! |
 |
| Miss Norma--the school secretary. She does such an amazing job supporting the teachers and being the calm in the storm. I've never heard her say a negative thing about another person. I'll miss her! |
 |
| Here's the office manager, Susan Bracamonte. She is so sweet and positive. She is the reason why parents feel so welcome when they enter the school. |
Comments