Bickmore Buzz April 23, 2017

Hi family!
It's been a good two weeks. The boys and I have four more weeks left of school. This is Isaac's last week of teaching. He's scheduled to teach a course in June. He has 40 more pages left to write in his dissertation and then he'll have to revise it. His plan is to defend his dissertation in July.
We've had some exciting developments with our condo. Our friends from church want to buy it. We'll know this week if their offer goes through and if they'll be able to proceed with getting our house. We're praying that it works out because then we don't have to stress about getting our place "show ready".  

The HOA paid for our new front door. It's funny. We've been complaining about it for three years and finally got around to asking the HOA if they'll replace it.  Our realtor suggested we repaint all the interior walls so once we know if our friends can buy our place or not, we'll discuss painting.  They may want to do the painting themselves.

William finished the first three Harry Potter books. I'm not sure if I should let him read the rest of the series now or have him wait. I'm worried the content is too advanced and too creepy. Any advice? He's 8 years old right now and turns 9 in the fall.  We found the entire Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe series at the library for $3.00. We're excited to read that. Something funny I've noticed about William is he REALLY LOVES fried, fatty food. I gave in to buying frozen corn dogs and frozen taquitos. Every morning he checks the lunch menu because he LOVES school hot lunch. He especially loves the chicken sandwich because "it's like a giant chicken nugget." He loves the school PBJs because the bread is delicious enriched white bread. Last night, I made homemade french fries and he said, "No offense, but I like McDonald's fries better." :) On Wednesday, his teacher asked William to be a guest teacher and teach the class about arrow math. She had him do it during first grade lunch so I could go in there and watch. I recorded it so I'll put it up on my youtube channel. He did such a great job. He used attention signals to get their attention and put together a power point to teach the concept. I was so proud of him. I just hope he doesn't get any ideas about going into teaching. LOL

During Van's test this past week, the teacher said that when she asked him to answer he pointed to his brain and said, "Wait. I'm thinking, I'm thinking." He was complaining that his stomach hurt the last three days and yesterday morning, threw up. He hasn't vomited since then and is acting much happier.  
I had the stomach flu last week--three days before Easter and am finally feeling normal. I got it from my coworker. I just want to end the school year on a healthy, happy note. One more month!

My brother Reid was in Scottsdale for a training and came over Tuesday night to visit. The boys had fun shooting their new nerf guns with him. It's always fun to have family over. Now they'll know who Uncle Reid is when I remind them that he's the tall uncle who came over and played nerf guns with them.

Garrett Lewis, mailed his Flat Garrett to us for his Flat Stanley project. We had fun taking him on some adventures and taking pictures.  The boys were excited to get a Flat Garrett in the mail!

Overheard at our house:
  • William said to Van, "You're going to have to go to an orphanage if you don't stop."
  • When Van was crying and whining, Will said, "I know what to get for Christmas. Ear plugs." 
  • During sacrament meeting today, Van was getting upset about a drawing game we were playing. He sobbed, "I just need to go for a walk." So we went outside and sat in the shade. 

We love dog sitting Gladys!


Easter egg hunt at Kiwanis Park


Find as many eggs as you can in two minutes!


It's not an Easter bunny, it's a...boy!


Easter Sunday

Dying our eggs

Cheese!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!