Halloween in Arizona is so much fun, but really tiring! We had our Carminati Fall Festival Friday night. I helped with the cake walk and Isaac took the boys around to the different games. Will's friend, Isaac Acedo, came with us. Saturday night was our ward Trunk or Treat. We ate dinner, played games, and then did the trunk or treat. We didn't decorate our car, but we blasted our music and danced while we passed out our candy--the candy that we forgot at home, but luckily Justin Bird had some extra that he shared with us. On Sunday, Isaac and I were tired of Halloween. The sad fact was that Halloween hadn't even arrived yet. Last night, Halloween night, we ate dinner with Susan James and her husband. They always build a bonfire in their driveway and pass out candy outside. We stayed for an hour and then trick or treated around our block.
I can't imagine celebrating Halloween without Isaac! He carves the pumpkins, makes the costumes, and takes the kids trick or treating. It's always impressive the way he can make our boys' costumes with just scissors, duct tape, sharpies, and paint. This year Van was Avatar Ang from The Last Airbender. He wanted to shave his head for it so Isaac happily obliged. He looks really cute in a buzz cut. William was an Enderman from Minecraft.
 |
| One of our pumpkins . The other one was carved as a creeper in Minecraft. |
 |
| Van with hair.. |
 |
| Van with NO hair! |
 |
| L to R: Van, William, Isaac A. |
 |
| I'm a scarecrow. I love these boys so much! |
 |
| Don't mess with Ang! |
 |
| Van had a soccer game Saturday morning. People were excited about his head. I was impressed that they knew exactly who he was. Van is all smiles in this picture because he just found out he gets to sit out for the quarter. |
 |
| Bickmore Boys with the Bird Boys. Will was sweating and had to tie his shirt around him. That's Halloween in AZ for ya! |
 |
| Van loves his air bending moves |
 |
| Dad getting Van ready |
 |
| This one is my favorite |
Comments