Bickmore Buzz August 7, 2016
Hi Family!
We survived our first week of school. Thank goodness! Van wet his pants and got poked with a pencil by his classmate so I'd say his first week of Kindergarten was a success. William had a few meltdowns after school over friend issues, but had them resolved by Thursday. The issues were that his best friend, Isaac, wouldn't play with him at recess the first few days, but then they played together. Isaac came over on Friday and played at our house for 4 hours. So Van and William ended the week on a happy note.
Isaac, our dad and husband, was a champ writing everyday and getting chores done around the house. The boys started swimming lessons this past week, so he would help me cut things out while the boys were swimming. He also brought me a six pack of Cokes to help me get through the first few weeks. His robot group was awarded the Edson Grant again. They'll find out this week how much money they will get.
I'm doing okay. This has been a rough start to the school year--adjusting to a new principal, new teammate, new students, it's all been overwhelming. I'm hoping that once things settle down, it will get easier and more enjoyable. I honestly don't know how people make a long term career out of full time teaching. Once Isaac is finished with his PhD, I'm going to look into something else like teaching online, running a preschool in my home, or doing a job share of some sort.
Yesterday we celebrated our first week of school. First we went to Family Discovery Day. It was a stake activity all about Family History. I taught one of the courses about the family search website. There were children's activities for the boys. They had a Photo Booth set up with costumes. At the end we ate lunch. It was the best food I've ever had at a church function. Saturday night, we went mini golfing at Glow Putt, a glow in the dark golf course in Scottsdale. We had a great time.
Today we went swimming at our pool and then ate snack dinner with a game of Boggle afterward to ease our Sunday night blues.
We hope everyone is doing well!
![]() |
| Our first day of school. |
![]() |
| These two! I'm so glad they are together again at the same school. |
![]() |
| This place was so cool. At the end, there was a challenge hole and Isaac and the boys all made it! We won three more free games. We can't wait to go back! |
![]() |
| Even the golf balls glowed in the dark |
![]() |
| Here's our family picture at the photo booth at Family Discovery Day |





Comments