Hi Family!
I need to make this brief because the first day of school is TOMORROW! Isaac stayed home with the boys this past week while I've been setting up my classroom.
The beginning of the year is always bittersweet. We're so sad to end summer vacation, but excited to see our friends again.
We're hoping and praying that this will be the last year of our PhD adventure. Isaac is working hard to finish his dissertation. Our biggest wish is that he will find a job somewhere on the west coast so we can stay near family. He is doing his dissertation proposal in September. Please keep us in your prayers!
 |
Van has had a lot of fun dressing up this summer. He is dressed as "a hunter". He is very excited and nervous for Kindergarten. Tonight, Isaac asked Van what he was worried about with school. He said, "That I won't make any friends." I assured Van that he will make lots of friends because he is funny, nice, and friendly!
|
 |
| Van loves to arrange his stuffed animals on his bed. Here they are all reading books. |
 |
| Here is another arrangement. He named all of them, but of course I can't remember what they were. |
 |
| Our 13th anniversary is this Tuesday, August 2nd! Isaac bought me these roses. We celebrated last night with dinner and a movie--The OPA Life Greek Cafe and the new Star Trek Beyond movie. Dinner was delicious and we really liked the movie! |
 |
| Van's Kindergarten teacher gave him some confetti to help him fall asleep the night before school. Van shared some with William. It's those small red dots on the bed. William's goals for second grade are to "focus on what the teacher tells him and to do better in writing." He is looking forward to getting baptized this year. We went to a baptism today and Will kept saying, "I can't wait to be baptized! I wish it was this Saturday!" |
 |
| Here is Van showing off his confetti. The poem was really cute that went with it. I'm going to stow it away in my file for next year's students! AAAAAHHH! I can't believe Van is starting Kindergarten!!!! He was such a helper today. He is READY for this next step. |
Comments