Bickmore Buzz May 15,2016

 Wow! We are wrapping up the end of the school year! This Thursday is the last day! YES!
We've been doing end of the year projects at school, going to end of the year parties, and thinking about all the fun we are going to have this summer.

Friday was Van's preschool graduation. Finally, after 3 years, he is moving up to Kindergarten! He looked so big and cute at the ceremony. They had him wearing a cap and gown. The kids sang songs, accepted their diplomas, and then we watched a slideshow. My favorite picture was the one of Van sitting with the principal of McClintock High School. They share the same birthday. He is retiring this year. After the program, we went back to the preschool for cake and punch. Ms. Smith told me, "Of all the kids leaving, I'm going to miss Van the most." I figure once in a while we'll have to go back and say hello. I for one am going to miss seeing his teachers a few times a week. We've become close and they've done such an outstanding job looking after Van. 

Friday night, we celebrated Van's big day by going to Detroit Coney Grill. It was delicious! Then we watched the first half of E.T.. Saturday, we cleaned the house, picked up some groceries, and watched the rest of E.T. On the part when Elliot unzips E.T.'s body bag after seeing his heart glowing and E.T. cries, "E.T. phone hooooome!" Van screamed with excitement. The other part that excited Van was when E.T. made the bikes fly into the sky. I love that movie so much. 

Sunday evening, we went to Dr. Manti's end of the year celebration. We swam, ate food, played music, and talked for about 5 hours.  I love the ASU get togethers. Isaac's colleagues and professors are so nice. Dr. Manti has a daughter, Adeline, who is 9 months older than William. Will loves to play with her because she is into Star Wars, Legos, and Harry Potter. It was sweet watching them play and talk together. 

Tomorrow is a special election here in Arizona called Prop 123. There are a lot of mixed feelings about it. If it passes, I get a raise in my salary. If it doesn't pass, I don't get a raise. Stupid. I early voted yes, pass it. 

Isaac has been working hard writing the introduction to his dissertation. Last week his leg was tingling and really bothering him. He went to the doctor and found out he has some kind of neuropathy. When the tingling gets bad, he needs to ice it and heat it. Neuropathy is linked to diabetes. As Isaac likes to say, "Diabetes sucks!"

We can't wait to see our Utah family next month in June!


The girls in my class holding up one of their writing projects. The class wrote about what they are going to do this summer and illustrated it in the sunglasses. Thanks Pinterest!


My boys!

Wednesday night was the farewell party for my principal, Vernice Sharpe. Here she is, admiring her gift. I paid a tribute to her right after this, and opened the floor to anyone else that wanted to share some words. So many people thanked her for her support and respect. She is so loved by our staff and we are all going to really miss her. 

Will's friend Isaac brought over this creeper box. Van put it on his head.

My handsome graduate!

Ms. Tobin makes these cute posters to display at the graduation. 

We brought Van a balloon tied to Skittles. He loves Skittles. He actually calls them Trix.

Look at all those kids going to Kindergarten next year!

His diploma.

This is Van's BEST friend, Caden with a "C". I love his mom. We're going to get the boys together for a play date in July.

One of the student teachers, Miss Felicia. She is so sweet with the kids.

This is what Will is doing this summer. I love the picture of our CRV driving next to a Semi truck.

Our final art project of the year with Mrs. Davis. She traced their hands and feet and the kids had to add the rest. I love Will's skater look.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!