4-3-16
Bickmore Buzz
April 3, 2016
Today was a pretty rough week. My students were on some
sugar high from Easter. This is the time
of year where the students start to mentally check out and I have to stay firm
and consistent. I was so relieved when Friday finally came.
Isaac had a presentation on Friday for his robot project for a company called Microchip. He made a lot of contacts with people that can help him get what he needs.
Lately, William loves to say, “I’m bored”, hoping that I
will let him play video games. I just tell him to look at his chore chart and
see what stars he can earn.
Van loves to give fishy kisses. He scraped his elbow on
Wednesday when he was showing off his biking skills for the sister missionaries
and crashed. I couldn’t stop smiling because I was so proud that one of my boys
finally scraped up their elbow! Our kids are so cautious and never get injured.
We did a few fun things this weekend. Friday night, we sat in our friends' hot tub. Yesterday, I took the boys to Kiwanis Park in between conference sessions. We saw a mama duck with her baby ducklings. Today, we went to Daley Park and tonight we lit sparklers with the Wearne's. Van and I made some cheese pretzels in his easy bake oven. We also painted pictures with water colors and played with play-doh. It was fun.
Overheard at our house:
If Van wants me to answer a question, he'll say back and forth, "yes no yes no yes no" and whatever one he says last is the answer.
Last night Van fixed our family a snack plate for dinner. Lots of tortilla chips and baby carrots. He asked me to spoon some hummus on the plate. He said about five times, "Mom, are you so glad that I made this snack plate?"
The other day at school, William was visibly upset after lunch. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "Hulease bugs me so bad! I just want to punch him!" I added, "Well now you know how mom feels. I want to punch the daylights out of some of these kids." We shared a good laugh.
![]() |
| Hiking "A" Mountain a few weeks ago |
![]() |
| Kiwanis Park yesterday |
![]() |
| This was my April Fool's joke on the boys! I drew mustaches on their faces. Van didn't want me to wash his off so he left it on all day. His preschool teacher was cracking up. |
![]() |
| Easter Egg Hunt last weekend |
![]() |
| Swimming lessons |
![]() |
| Our friends from SLC--the Bremmer's. They are moving to Scotsdale this summer. I can't wait! |
![]() |
| Our leprechaun surprise on St. Patrick's Day |
![]() |
| picking tangelos with Dr. Stauffer over spring break |
![]() |
| Desert Botanical Garden over spring break last month |










Comments