The Boss
Van is my little cuddle bug. He gives the best hugs and tells me at least three times a day that I'm the best. He starts his morning with a meltdown and after that he's mostly a happy camper. My favorite memories of his 4th birthday today:
He was so excited to see the streamers and balloons in the kitchen. He loved that his poster had an alligator V.
He helped me make pancakes. This is the perfect age where he likes to help.
After breakfast he blew the bubbles I got him and was so excited he could blow many at a time.
When I took him to preschool they greeted him as the birthday boy.
Isaac checked him out for lunch and brought him to Carminati to eat with me.
When my secretary asked "How old are you?" He shot out his hand and showed her four fingers.
My students sang happy Birthday to him. On our way to lunch he announced to the class that he was the leader. He stood in the front of the line with his hands on his hips and led the way. The giant crown on his head was the perfect touch.
When he opened my moms card, before seeing what was inside he looked at the cover and happily exclaimed,"a birthday cake!!" When he opened Grandpa's card he said, "Dollars!" He also loved the Lego set from Grandma B. William kept begging to open the box.
The bath toy I got him was underwhelming, but sweet Van kept saying " I love my lightning McQueen!" It's a car that races in the water. However it just floats a tiny bit faster than normal. I'm glad Van likes it anyway.
Van said, "This is the best birthday!" before bedtime. It really was.
Fast forward to Friday. We planned a late over with our friends Jackson and Alex. We decided to make it a birthday party for Van. We served Mac and cheese for dinner. Then the boys played video games while I made rice Krispy treats. I stuck in four candles and we sang happy birthday. Then we went to the park by our condo and played night games. Each boy had a flashlight. We played team hide and seek. Then the swimming pool was calling our names so the boys got in their underwear and swam. I went home and grabbed some towels and changed into my suit. I love swimming under the stars. We played chicken fight and "pull the adults into the pool." We ended the night with a cannonball barrage and bid farewell to our little friends. It was the perfect party---minimal planning and preparation for me
We love you Van!!! We can't believe how fast you are growing! Happy Birthday!















Comments