Summer of Breakthroughs
William has really grown up this summer! He's usually a very cautious boy, still is, but he has become so confident the last few months. He's mastered skills I figured he would achieve next year. The most exciting one for me was that he learned how to ride a two wheeler bike! Isaac was very helpful and encouraging. When Will first got his bike at Christmas, he started crying when he sat on it because he was so scared. Now he rides around like it's second nature. Go Will!
Here he is waiting for his turn during swimming lessons. His primary teacher is also a swimming coach. Before the lessons, he would jump around in the shallow end by the steps. He is still leery of the deep end, but now he jumps in the water and swims around like it's the easiest thing ever.
Here we are at Donut Falls! When William said he wanted to climb up the rocks I was shocked! I even felt nervous about it, but knew if he was doing it I had to be strong and act like it was no big deal. I was worried I would have to spend a lot of time assisting him but he did amazing. Sophie was impressed and so proud of him too. We couldn't believe cautious Will attempted a hike like that!
I just love how carefree he looks here
Handsome growing boy
Playing Zombies at the beach
When he saw his shadow he said, l"mom, I look like Peter Pan!" A perfect portrayal of how confident he feels. In 2 weeks William starts Kindergarten. Woah. I am happy he feels strong--it's something that will help him with this big transition!








Comments