Preschool Graduation
The preschool graduation was wonderful. It's always events like this when we feel really homesick and wish our grandparents and cousins were closer. Nonetheless, that is why I have this blog. I am so proud of William. It wasn't easy leaving his friends in Utah and going to full day preschool everyday. He especially hated taking a nap. However, we were able to get things sorted out and eventually he grew to love his school experience. His best friend at school was Will. The teachers called the two of them "Team Will". His favorite unit was outer space when they made a giant robot. His second favorite day was when he went on a bug hunt. He used a magnifying glass to find the bugs and then put them in a bug bucket. He had the greatest teachers---Ms. Johnson, Mrs. Smith, Ms. Judy, and Mrs. Tobin. I can't speak highly enough of Ms. Johnson. She is one in a million. There were two specific occasions that exemplify what an outstanding teacher she is. One morning William was very upset that I could not make his hair into a mohawk. He was all snot and tears when I dropped him off at school. Ms. Johnson kindly knelt down beside him at his level and said," William do you trust me to do it?" When I came later to pick him up I noticed his hair was in a mohawk. Ms. Johnson had found some styling gel that a high school student had left behind, followed the directions and used it to put William's hair in a mohawk for him. He was thrilled and I was so impressed that she would go out of her way to ensure William was happy.
Another time was when she made the boys a Lego card, wishing them a good time with their Grandma, who was coming to visit. She just has such a caring heart and thinks of ways to make the students feel loved on an individual level.
I was so emotional at the graduation thinking about how blessed we've been in finding this preschool for the boys. As I've posted about many times before, transitioning from stay at home mom to full time working mom has not been easy for me. That's why knowing the boys are in good hands has been such a comfort.
The last quarter of the year I felt myself coming full circle with everything. I could see the benefits of the boys being at school with friends and toys and I could see the benefits of me having a full time teaching career. I'm grateful for this opportunity to learn and grow and come closer as a family. I love Isaac and the boys so much.
The principal gave each child their diploma.
I took some close ups of the posters hanging behind them















Comments