My Heart is Full
Today in church we sang the hymn "As Now We Take the Sacrament". I was especially touched when we sang the third verse:
3. As now we praise thy name with song,
The blessings of this day
Will linger in our thankful hearts,
And silently we pray
For courage to accept thy will,
To listen and obey.
We love thee, Lord; our hearts are full.
We’ll walk thy chosen way.
(As Now We Take the Sacrament)
Recently, I have had what I consider miracles happen in my life. This has been the hardest year of my teaching career. On top of adjusting to full time teaching after a 5 year reprieve, I was faced with many challenges as a teacher. I felt desperate for a change for next school year. My sister calls me a "go getter" meaning when I want something badly enough, I'll work to make it happen. So, I did what I needed to do in order to get a new job. I obtained my Arizona teaching license after passing some exams and I attended a teacher fair for the local school district. I have my friend to thank for reminding me about the teacher fair be cause were it not for her the story would probably have a different ending. At the fair, I interviewed with the principal from the school right by our house. My co-worker, who also lives in my ward--her kids attend the school and she loves it. So, after the interview the principal informed me that the district would be posting external openings on April 23rd.
On April 20th, my Bishop asked me and Isaac to meet with him on Wednesday, April 23rd. My heart sank fearing that he would call me to serve in a capacity that I felt was too much to ask given my current life circumstances. I was stressed and overwhelmed that Sunday night thinking about the events of the upcoming week.
Wednesday came along and I checked the postings on the website. I noticed a first and second grade position posted at the school by my house. I submitted an application, but was having a hard time getting it submitted online so I decided to email my resume and letters of recommendation directly to the principal. I made it a point to mention our meeting at the teacher fair.
After that I had some time to spare before my meeting with the Bishop. I kept fearing the worst and prayed in my heart, "Heavenly Father, if I say yes to my new calling, I need a new job because I can't do both."
To no surprise, the Bishop asked me to serve in the capacity I feared he would. I expressed to him how stressed I have been and that in order for me to do this calling, I would need a new job. I told him I had a lead and that hopefully it would work out. He said he would pray to help me find a new job. That night I woke up at 2:00 am. My mind was racing about what had happened and what I'll have to do. I decided to check my email to pass the time. I saw a reply from the principal I had emailed earlier and she asked me to come for an interview Friday morning! I thanked Heavenly Father and knew in my heart I was going to get this job. I felt that He was eager to bless me and because He needed my help, He would surely help me in return.
That Friday morning I felt so at peace. I was not nervous at all during the interview. Because of how everything unfolded, I knew this would be my new place of work next year. During the interview, she said, "I'm so glad you emailed me because I can't access the system until Monday so I don't know who has applied." I thought to myself, " Score! I'm the only one interviewing!" At the end, the principal said, " I am going to recommend you for the first grade position. You have such a calm spirit." I was thrilled!!! I texted my Bishop the good news and he responded, "The Lord moves quickly when He needs to." It was a faith building experience for me knowing that when I do my part and show "courage to accept His will" The Lord will bless us. I am very much looking forward to next year. Yes, there will be challenges along the way, but knowing I have two fathers in heaven to help me, I feel comforted. Plus, I have these fine people and that is enough. Truly, "my heart is full" thinking about "the blessings of this day."



Comments