Lump in my throat


I love this little guy of mine. Every time I drop off William and Van at preschool and hug them goodbye, I walk to the car with a big lump in my throat. It's tough leaving my boys in the hands of someone else everyday-- I can't say enough what a relief it is to leave them in GOOD hands. 

Yesterday as I was preparing dinner and William was drawing at the table, I asked him, "So do you like preschool?" He answered with a shrug,"Ya, but I don't like the naps." Then I questioned, "Do you wish you were home with mom during the day?" Just to check in and make sure he's happy with his school day and for my own reassurance that I'm number one:). His eyes welled up and he said fighting back the tears, "I miss you mom." Then we both kind of cried and he followed up with "but I like to play with my friends. Can I like both?" I responded with a resounding "YES!" 
I want to remember that moment forever. It was a reminder to me that we can like both things--- our time away from each other and our time together. I'm grateful for William and the lessons he teaches me everyday.

Comments

Lisa B. said…
That William is a smart one. That's a really good lesson for all of us, isn't it? Our time apart and our time together are both good, and necessary.

Still, I wish we were all together right now. That's just how it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!