October is my favorite month! It's my birthday month, I love the fall season, the weather, the beauty, yummy soups, and Halloween. Will and Van love this month too. Luckily, we got a whole week off together to enjoy our favorite time of year. Here are some things we did during our fall break:
 |
The first thing we did was bake pumpkin chocolate chips to enjoy during the week. Van is my big helper. He loves to say "I help you mom!" |
 |
| We took lots of walks around the block. The boys love the Halloween decor and wanted a picture next to this front door with the "Big Spider!" |
 |
| I took the boys to the doctor for their yearly check up. Van brought his stethoscope to show the doctor. |
 |
| Van was brave while the doctor made sure all his parts work. |
 |
| William was so happy that it was not the year for a shot! |
 |
| We went swimming at Kasia's, our friend's, house. We mostly swam around in the hot tub because the swimming pool was freezing. After swimming, we went back to her apartment and she let the boys play with her chinchillas. Will was a little hesitant to hold them. |
 |
| Van was excited to hold them and giggled the whole time. |
 |
| Kasia showed the boys how to offer the toys to the chinchillas. We also watched them take a bath, which meant rolling around in a special dust that won't ruin their fine fur. |
 |
| My favorite day was when we went to the library for story time. The teacher read stories, sang songs, and had the kids do a craft at the end. I love taking my boys to the library. We discovered that the library is offering an afternoon session on Tuesdays that we'll get to go to. Yay! |
 |
| Singing "Make a milkshake" with the shakers! |
 |
| After surviving the miserable heat, we are LOVING the beautiful fall temperate climate. Although I miss the beautiful Utah mountains and the fall colors, I am quickly falling in love with 88 degree weather in October. |
 |
| Will was thrilled to be at the park and meet other boys to play "Zombies" with. I laughed every time he would meet a new kid because the first thing he would say was, "Hey, wanna be a zombie?" The other boys always lit up and said, "Ya!" |
 |
| At the Desert Breeze Park in Chandler. We love to visit a new park every Saturday. |
 |
| Van is getting brave climbing up the ladders |
 |
| There was a small splash pad in the back with elephant and seal statues. I had to laugh as I watched kids splashing in the water in October. Only in AZ! |
 |
| We found a hummingbird enclosure tucked away in the far corner of the park. Unfortunately, we didn't see any hummingbirds, but there were a lot of neat things to see--like this pond. |
 |
| After the park, Dad built a pirate ship for the boys. What an awesome Dad! |
 |
| Here is. At work. |
 |
I guess this is a sign that Van was having so much fun that he forgot how to walk. During our BBQ with friends, Van was walking along the railroad ties in the backyard and tripped face first. He pierced his forehead and because he absolutely did not want a band-aid, I taped a gauze pad on the wound instead. Happy ending to a memorable fall break. We can't wait for our next break because we get to go to UTAH to see family and friends!! Hooray! |
Comments
second--it makes me immensely happy that Will is such a confident little boy!
third--i love that van is so brave and adventurous!