Happy birthday Van!
Our baby is three years old! I can't believe how much Van has grown up since we've moved to Tempe. The other night I was feeling sad about my boys growing old so I pretended that they were babies again. I swaddled them up in a blanket and rocked them one at a time in my arms singing "I am a child of God" and "you are my sunshine". They thought it was the funniest thing and I was in heaven cradling them and staring into their smiling eyes. I felt like the mom in the book I'll love you forever. Although it's tough leaving the precious baby years behind, it's fun to watch Van grow into a sweet preschooler. He is so easy to please and loves to make others happy. At least once a day he'll randomly walk up to me or Isaac, wrap his tiny arms around our legs and say " I wuv you too." He has the best laugh ever and one night he got my giggles going giving me a raspberry kiss on the lips and calling it a poo kiss. Will loves to do silly things around Van because he knows it will elicit a hearty laugh. All around we are a happier family with Van.
His third birthday today was a memorable one. He started the day with a surprise in the kitchen- balloons, streamers, banners and a skeleton lying on the table holding a treasure map. he loves the show "Jake and the neverland pirates" so we did a pirate themed birthday. The treasure map led him to a bucket of wrapped presents- a puzzle, a bottle of bubbles, and some pirate accessories. When he first saw the kitchen he said four times "It's my birthday!" He was so excited about his gifts. His day was off to a good start.
He enjoyed spending the day with friends at preschool. He wore a crown, passed out donuts, and picked a "snow bear" from the birthday box. I am so grateful for teachers who love my son and want to make him feel special on his birthday.
During lunch I called the school to talk to Van. He talked to me for about thirty seconds and said "Bye!" The teacher explained that he didn't want to take off the fireman helmet he was wearing to talk on the phone. I smiled at the thought of Van playing dress up and was relieved he was having a good day.
Tonight, we talked to Grandparents and cousins on the phone and computer. Van was sooo excited to hear the Smith's and Leasure's sing to him. He put his hands on his cheeks, smiled a real cheesy grin and said over and over " I wuv you! I wuv you! I wuv you!" Then we played with new toys from Grandma and then Dad came home with a pizza. We put candles in the pizza and sang happy birthday. I asked Van if he wanted a cake. He said "ya." I said "oh I didn't make you a cake. Are you sad?" He replied with a big slice of pizza in his hand "no! I'm happy!" After dinner we went to Target with Grandpa's birthday money and bought a Set of action figures from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. The boys played with them in the bath and I was so grateful that Van had a good birthday.







Comments
Van really is such a blessing in this family! Happy birthday Vanners!
Let's gchat soon. Yes?