Underoos and Understandings
| I'm finally figuring out how to copy my Instagram pictures to my bloggin schplog! |
I had to post this one of Van wearing underwear. He's doing so well with using his froggy potty this week. He kept his underwear dry all day today and whenever he has to go potty he uses this phrase, "Mom, I fart!" As you can see he is holding Jessie in the photo. Jessie and Cat in the Hat sometimes watch Van go pee pee on the potty to see what a big boy he is. Yesterday, I bought him a new pack of Toy Story underwear. He was so excited!! I'm so proud of my little Vanners!
This week we checked out a book at the library called, How Dinosaurs Say I love You by Jane Yolen. Every time I read it, I think of Van. It's true that one minute I want to rip my hair out with Van's irrational behavior and then the next minute, he'll do something so sweet like hold out his tiny chubby hand and say ,"C'mon Mom. I wanna hold your finger." and just sweep me off my feet.
This week, I had the opportunity to play with Van at the park. Just me and him. It brought me back to the days when I would take William to the park and push him on the swing and hold him in my lap down the twisty slide. I'm so grateful for one on one time with Van when he has my undivided attention and I get to hold his hand and be led around.
Motherhood is truly a blessing and I've realized even if Van spends half the day in daycare next year, he'll know I still love him to bits because I will make time to go on a stroll and take him to the park. Yes, I'll still have time to do that after a day of work. No matter if I spend the morning and afternoon teaching kids how to read and write instead of being with my boys, I'll still be a good mom. That is what I've come to know.
Comments