Happy Birthday Will!

William celebrated his 4th birthday this year with a superhero party. I was trying to figure out how I was going to plan the boys' parties this year and when Will expressed that he wanted his friends to come to his birthday, that settled it. I suggested his friends come as superheroes and then they could all play superheroes together. Will LOVED that idea. So that's what we did. There were 16 kids total and they had a blast running around the yard with pool noodle light sabers and grabbing snacks off the treat table. At one point, we lined up the adults that were in attendance in two lines to make a tunnel, gave each of them a light saber or pillow and had the kids run through one by one while the adults tried to "get" them.  Next, we did a series of races. Van was so cute trying to keep up with the kids. The party lasted 90 minutes and the kids had a great time.  William said at the end, "Thanks, Mom. That was fun!" Mission accomplished!

William is asking so many questions lately. He's so interested in the world around him and why things work the way they do. Sometimes it's hard for me to come up with a 4 year old answer on the spot, but I just do my best and he's usually satisfied with what I tell him.

He is such a social butterfly. He loves to play with his neighborhood friends and cousins. He is always asking "Who's coming over today?" or "Where are we going today?" I struggle sometimes keeping up with his pace.

He is still into wearing costumes and has asked to be C3PO, a skeleton, or Captain America for Halloween. The costumes in our costume box are now way too small with the exception of one or two. Maybe Santa Claus will bring him some more costumes this year. I just love watching him wear the costumes that are too small running around the house, shooting webs, hulking out, or chucking pillows at the bad guys.  He is in such a cute stage of life right now--so verbal, imaginative, curious, helpful, outgoing, sensitive, and loving.

My favorite is when he comes into my room early in the morning rubbing his eyes and whispers, "Mom, can I lay with you?" Then we snuggle under the warm covers until the sun is shining brightly (not barely, I need several minutes to get going) through the windows. I cherish these moments with my little William.  I only wish they could last forever.

Happy Birthday Will! We love you!



Comments

ABick said…
yay! first to comment on this wonderful post! Happy happy (late) birthday to my incredible nephew! I love you so much Will!
that birthday sounds amazing and so much fun! way to go Lesley!
Lisa B. said…
Happy happy birthday to Will, such a wonderful boy. I love all the qualities you named and can think of a hundred examples of fantastic things he's said . Love love love him!
Like I was telling you the other day, Lesley, I think Will is going to grow up to be something great! He has all the qualities of someone who's going to "leave a mark on the world" , I'm excited to watch him grow up and proud to be his aunt! :)
Amelia said…
I am the third proud aunt to comment on this post! Happy Birthday Will, you are the coolest!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!