Happy Birthday Van!
Van is two years old! Where does the time go?
I am loving this stage right now--William, a big preschooler and Van, an active toddler. Van is doing so many cute things. I can't imagine my life without him. He loves to chuck everything (not one of my favorite things). Every time he finishes eating he starts throwing his food. When he sees me in a panic coming over to get him out of the high chair, he throws faster and even tries to chuck his dish before I reach him. He also loves to stand at the top of the stairs and throw his toys, shoes, pillows, whatever he finds, to the bottom.
He LOVES bubbles. The first thing he says when he gets in the bath is "bubbles!" He loves our bedtime routine. When we finish one story he looks at me with a serious look, holds up one finger and says "One more book." After three or four stories I say, "Ok, Van. This really is the last book." When we say prayers on our knees, he and Will lay on their tummies--easier than kneeling, I guess. After prayers, we hold each other in a circle and sing the "I Love You" song. Van loves this. He starts giggling and squealing. When it's time to "give a great big hug and a kiss from me to you" he laughs and exchanges his big slobbery kiss with everyone. Then we lay him in the crib and follow his directions which are, "Elmo." We hand him his Elmo. "Cookie." We hand him his cookie monster. "Elmo." We hand him his other Elmo. "UrgZ." we hand him Zurg. "Burr." We hand him his bear. "Nankie." We lay a blanket over him. It's so hilarious to tell him night-night while he holds all of his stuffed friends cuddled under a blanket. He always says with a big grin, "Night-night" as we leave the room.
He loves to dress up with his "bruh-ers". In fact, he only refers to William as "bruh-ers." He holds up the superhero costumes to me and says, "Matman. On." He also loves to wear hats--including bowls-- on his head. Once in a while we'll catch him wearing Will's boots, which is pretty hilarious. I love seeing Van idolize his big brother and wanting to do everything he is doing.
He loves Sesame Street. I usually let the boys watch an episode everyday and when they know it's about to come on, Van starts shouting, "Elmo! Elmo! Bird! Cookie!" He also loves to watch "Woody! Buzz!"
He is very helpful to tell us when he needs something like "Poo. Change" or "Juice," and "Bbbrread." He'll say, "No way" if he doesn't want something and "Chotch out" if you're in his way. Whenever he bends over to pick something up he has to grunt because with his big belly, it takes some effort.
When I asked William what his favorite thing about Van is he said, "He likes to watch Spiderman with me."
When I asked Van what he loves most about himself he cried, "Oh no!"
What Mommy loves the most about Van is his cheery disposition and the way he always adds sunshine to her days.
What Daddy loves most about Van is his Hulk Smash voice.
Below is a video slideshow of Van's birthday party that Grandma Lisa made. Enjoy!
I am loving this stage right now--William, a big preschooler and Van, an active toddler. Van is doing so many cute things. I can't imagine my life without him. He loves to chuck everything (not one of my favorite things). Every time he finishes eating he starts throwing his food. When he sees me in a panic coming over to get him out of the high chair, he throws faster and even tries to chuck his dish before I reach him. He also loves to stand at the top of the stairs and throw his toys, shoes, pillows, whatever he finds, to the bottom.
He LOVES bubbles. The first thing he says when he gets in the bath is "bubbles!" He loves our bedtime routine. When we finish one story he looks at me with a serious look, holds up one finger and says "One more book." After three or four stories I say, "Ok, Van. This really is the last book." When we say prayers on our knees, he and Will lay on their tummies--easier than kneeling, I guess. After prayers, we hold each other in a circle and sing the "I Love You" song. Van loves this. He starts giggling and squealing. When it's time to "give a great big hug and a kiss from me to you" he laughs and exchanges his big slobbery kiss with everyone. Then we lay him in the crib and follow his directions which are, "Elmo." We hand him his Elmo. "Cookie." We hand him his cookie monster. "Elmo." We hand him his other Elmo. "UrgZ." we hand him Zurg. "Burr." We hand him his bear. "Nankie." We lay a blanket over him. It's so hilarious to tell him night-night while he holds all of his stuffed friends cuddled under a blanket. He always says with a big grin, "Night-night" as we leave the room.
He loves to dress up with his "bruh-ers". In fact, he only refers to William as "bruh-ers." He holds up the superhero costumes to me and says, "Matman. On." He also loves to wear hats--including bowls-- on his head. Once in a while we'll catch him wearing Will's boots, which is pretty hilarious. I love seeing Van idolize his big brother and wanting to do everything he is doing.
He loves Sesame Street. I usually let the boys watch an episode everyday and when they know it's about to come on, Van starts shouting, "Elmo! Elmo! Bird! Cookie!" He also loves to watch "Woody! Buzz!"
He is very helpful to tell us when he needs something like "Poo. Change" or "Juice," and "Bbbrread." He'll say, "No way" if he doesn't want something and "Chotch out" if you're in his way. Whenever he bends over to pick something up he has to grunt because with his big belly, it takes some effort.
When I asked William what his favorite thing about Van is he said, "He likes to watch Spiderman with me."
When I asked Van what he loves most about himself he cried, "Oh no!"
What Mommy loves the most about Van is his cheery disposition and the way he always adds sunshine to her days.
What Daddy loves most about Van is his Hulk Smash voice.
Below is a video slideshow of Van's birthday party that Grandma Lisa made. Enjoy!
Comments