A Sunbeam!
Here is William posing after his first week as a sunbeam. See the sticker he earned for being so brave?
William is now in Sunbeams! It seems like yesterday, I was sitting with him in the nursery to help him get acquainted with the new surroundings. Now he is in primary. Wow, time flies. I would be flat out lying if I said that I love going to church with my kids every Sunday. Much of this has to do with our new schedule of 1:00-4:00. When I tell William it's Sunday, the day we go to church, he yells "No! I HATE church and I HATE primary!" A few weeks ago he entered the church building stomping his feet and swinging his arms angrily proclaiming "I hate church. I hate church. I hate church." We have to bring a bazillion fruit snacks to bribe Will to sit still through sacrament. "If you sit quietly during the sacrament, you get a fruit snack!" "Sit back down or no fruit snacks!" As soon as sacrament ends, the rest of the meeting is spent opening fruit snacks and chasing the boys in the lobby. Not a fun thing to do in tights and heels.
To cope with church, William has changed the gospel of Jesus Christ to the gospel of Spiderman. Usually, I like to walk by the primary room and watch William for a minute or so. One week, all of the kids were singing some primary song and there was Will in the front swinging his arms and singing at the top of his lungs "Spiderman! Spiderman! Does whatever a spider can!" Just this last Sunday, the kids were all singing "Choose the Right" and William was covering his ears looking at all of them with a giant scowl on his face. His teacher told me that his answers in class always have something to do with Spiderman. Once when Will tried running away from the class, the primary president called "Come back William!" He said "No, I'm Spiderman!" then stuck out his hands and shot his webs at her. Now, she just calls him Spiderman. She'll say "See ya Spiderman!" and Will responds without a flinch "See ya!"
I love William and am glad he makes life so entertaining. I'm on my way to a Relief Society night where we are making church books for our kids. Maybe I should forget about the pictures of Christ and just bring pictures of Spiderman to put in the books. Everyone will think the books are miraculous when they see Will sitting so quietly in church this Sunday. Ha ha ha aha ha!

Comments
hopefully the spiderman phase fades out soon... :)