A New Chapter
I am officially 30! I've been thinking about it all year long and how exciting it would be. I knew it would be a good birthday because of where I am in my life. I'm so grateful for my children and husband. I'm grateful for my education and for the opportunities I've had during my 20s. I am confident in who I am, I know what I want in life, and I don't have to worry about the major life decisions (career, spouse, family, etc.) anymore. I get to face new challenges in my thirties and watch these two little rascals grow up. Very exciting indeed.Along with the birthday festivities these last few weeks, my family has embarked on some new adventures. One is that I accepted a part-time job at Isaac's school to run the homework hall after school. It is very part-time, just 6 hours a week and I am really enjoying it. I love having something to do in the afternoon that is teaching-oriented and love that Isaac can be with the boys since it is after school. We have a smooth system in place. I lay the boys down for a nap after lunch, get ready for work and set out the ingredients for dinner. Then I wake up the boys, load them in the car and drive to school. I walk the boys to Isaac's class (there's usually 5 minutes of school left) and have them sit by his desk while he wraps things up. Then I go down to the cafeteria and wait for the 35 students that come to homework hall. They eat a snack, play outside for 15 minutes and then I assist them with their homework. Thankfully there are two assistants to help. Usually Isaac cuts through the cafeteria with the boys so I can tell him what I set out for dinner and then I hug and kiss the boys (not Isaac. Too embarrassing in front of the students. Ha!) and then I see them again an hour or so later. Is that a perfect job or what! How did I find the job? My fine hubby did. That is what I love about Isaac. He came home in June and said "I found you a job if you want one." He has always looked out for me. He doesn't push me into anything I don't want to do, but assures me that he's always behind me 100% . He's been a great sport cooking dinner each night and doesn't complain. The boys look forward to seeing Daddy at work everyday. Here's our latest picture as a couple. Don't we make a good looking team? hee hee
The next adventure is that William has started Preschool! It's a neighborhood preschool that I organized with 4 other mothers. William is too young for official preschool since he barely missed the deadline and I wanted to do something to help him get social interaction. A former colleague of mine gave me the curriculum she and her mother friends used when they did it with their kids. It has been a blast. We named it Little Squirts Preschool. It's twice a week for two hours and each mom teaches one week every five weeks. The kids are adorable and Will says "I love preschool!" when I pick him up. Ya can't beat that!
One of the moms, Tisa Harris, does photography so she took the kids' school pictures. Here's William's. My handsome preschooler.
Tisa also took our family photos a few weeks ago. I think this picture very well portrays William as a three year old. Cute, mischievous, silly, and sweet.I can't believe I am the 30 year old mother of a preschooler and toddler.
Time has flown way too fast.
Here's to a new chapter of fun and craziness.
Comments
(b) I am so happy for you and your new job, for how well it's working, and that you're enjoying it so much.
(c) 30 looks way, way good on you.
(d) I cannot get over how excellent your family pictures are--how fully they convey the spirit of your family.
Cheers to new adventures!
PS So glad you are part of the family, Lesley.
I love that Will loves preschool so much! that just makes me so happy.
I also love that you found a job that makes you happy. awesome.