Halfway to ONE and THREE

That's right! Van is 6 months old! Crazy. He cut his first tooth on his 6 month birthday and cut his second one last Friday night. As I was looking at pictures of my newest nephew Eli, it seems like yesterday that we were cuddling Van in the hospital. One thing is certain, Van has been a pure delight. The last month he has really developed a personality. He laughs out loud so easily. Sometimes all it takes is Will doing a silly dance in front of him. The thing that really gets him going is when you kiss his armpit. Today he thought it was so funny when I was whispering in his ear. My favorite thing that Van does is when I pick him up his whole body tenses up and he buries his chin in my shoulder. It feels like he's giving me a big squeeze.
Can you see his tooth on the bottom?

It's been way too long since I've blogged about William who is halfway to three years old. That's just insane. Two year olds are funny. Will is definitely into the "No that's MY ___" thing. Today we were drawing together and he walked up and grabbed the pencil out of my hand. I said "William, Mommy is using that pencil." He fired back "No that's MY pencil." So I had to explain that the pencil he was using was his and the one I was using was mine. It then clicked in his head that he had a pencil that was all HIS and no more was said about it. Hilarious. He is constantly saying the funniest things all day long. Some of the most memorable:

Lately, Will loves to say the family prayer. This is sweet and very entertaining. Instead of ending with "amen" he has matter-of-factly said "to infinity and beyond." and "the end." Tonight his prayer went like this:
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for William. Thank you for Isaac and for nursery. Thank you for Isaiah and Will and my Tidwell.(note: he is referring to the boys at church Isaiah & Will Tidwell)Oh I play with Will. I be nice to him. He be nice to me. He play with me." He then opened his eyes and told us some other details about playing with his friends in nursery. Isaac reminded him to keep praying. So he continued, "Thank you for Van, thank you for my friends. Name Jesus Christ Amen." After the prayer he said "Van wanna lay with me." so I laid Van beside him and while they cuddled on Will's pillow, Will quietly said "Lullaby and goodnight." So precious!

Sunday morning I was wearing my pjs, no makeup, had greasy hair, etc. and Will yelled "You're beautiful." I was distracted fixing breakfast so the words didn't register. He then ran up to me and said "Mom you're beautiful!" Boy, that was a great way to start the day.

I bought some new clothes over the weekend. When I got home I turned on Lady Gaga and modeled the new outfits for Isaac and the boys. Will said "Oh cute!" for each outfit. When he saw my newly painted purple toenails he lit up and said "Oh cuuuute!"

Whenever he gets excited about something he makes this low "ha ha" sound--like an old man chuckling at a joke. He makes this sound for a number of things--when I refill his sippy cup, help him dress into a superhero costume, comply to play trains with him, let him choose a toy to take into the bath with him, announce that we are going somewhere fun, when I give him fruit snacks, etc. I love this sound. It makes me feel worthwhile as a mom knowing my child is genuinely happy with his life at that moment.

I love my boys!

Comments

Lisa B. said…
what a fantastic update this is. one day you will look back at this post and get a vivid hit of what it was like when Will and Van were 6 mos. and 2.5, and you will be so glad you wrote all of this down. I especially especially love that prayer. I like that he inserts a little storytelling in the middle. That's superb. xoxo
Amelia said…
I love those boys too. You are right about time flying! Miss you all.
ABick said…
this is such a sweet post. it makes me happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!