Conversation about Tax Return
We did our taxes on Sunday night and after the preparer informed us of what our tax return would be we had this exciting conversation on the way home:
I: What should we do with it?
L: I don't know. Save it?
I: Ya. We probably should. We could use x amount to spend and save the rest.
L: Good idea! I need a completely new wardrobe. I've been wearing the same clothes for like 8 years.
I: I need new levi's. Maybe we could fly to Louisiana to see Dad and Dana.
L: Ya! But maybe we should wait until next year when Van is a little older. But we could go this year too.
I: We could get an ipad! It could be a for the family.
L: Ya that would be fun. I feel like an elderly person trying to set up an email account whenever I play with an ipad at the Apple store. Maybe I should invest in the newest technology so I don't fall behind the times.
Long pause
I: Maybe we shouldn't get an ipad.
L: Ya I can't really picture myself sitting on the couch playing with it. We could get another couch! Or at least couch covers for the set we have.
I: Well we should probably think about what we NEED.
L: New windshields for both cars.
I: YES.
L: Tools, a ladder. Clothes! Well, do I NEED clothes? Yes I do need clothes. I could ask Lana to come shopping with me because she always looks cute and knows where to find good bargains. I NEED a new look.
I: What about using it as our movie fund for the next ten years?
L: NO WAY!
I: Okay so windshields, clothes. We should probably pay down some of our student loan debt.
L: Oh. ya.
I: What do you think about that?
L: Mmm-hmm. (still dreaming about all the wrong ways to use our tax return)
So what's your vote on what we should do with this big tax return? Maybe if enough fans encourage us to go to Hawaii we'll do it. But knowing us, we probably won't.
I: What should we do with it?
L: I don't know. Save it?
I: Ya. We probably should. We could use x amount to spend and save the rest.
L: Good idea! I need a completely new wardrobe. I've been wearing the same clothes for like 8 years.
I: I need new levi's. Maybe we could fly to Louisiana to see Dad and Dana.
L: Ya! But maybe we should wait until next year when Van is a little older. But we could go this year too.
I: We could get an ipad! It could be a for the family.
L: Ya that would be fun. I feel like an elderly person trying to set up an email account whenever I play with an ipad at the Apple store. Maybe I should invest in the newest technology so I don't fall behind the times.
Long pause
I: Maybe we shouldn't get an ipad.
L: Ya I can't really picture myself sitting on the couch playing with it. We could get another couch! Or at least couch covers for the set we have.
I: Well we should probably think about what we NEED.
L: New windshields for both cars.
I: YES.
L: Tools, a ladder. Clothes! Well, do I NEED clothes? Yes I do need clothes. I could ask Lana to come shopping with me because she always looks cute and knows where to find good bargains. I NEED a new look.
I: What about using it as our movie fund for the next ten years?
L: NO WAY!
I: Okay so windshields, clothes. We should probably pay down some of our student loan debt.
L: Oh. ya.
I: What do you think about that?
L: Mmm-hmm. (still dreaming about all the wrong ways to use our tax return)
So what's your vote on what we should do with this big tax return? Maybe if enough fans encourage us to go to Hawaii we'll do it. But knowing us, we probably won't.
Comments
:)
Caroline