You need to blog more
Is what my mother-in-law said last night. It is true. I do. My sister Kelly on the phone yesterday said she was sad she hasn't seen Van in a while. So I dedicate this post to Grandma Bruiser and Aunt Kelly. Thank you for encouraging me to do more blogging.
Here are some videos of Van. Let me just say that I am crazy about this baby. I'm sad to admit that it was harder for me to feel attached to Van right away like I did with Will simply because I couldn't spend all the time in the world with him. But it felt like magic just as this new year was beginning because I finally felt IN CONTROL. When Van was first born, it was hard to adjust to sharing myself between two boys, having a messy house constantly, letting Will watch WAY too much television, being confined to the house, etc. etc. After the holidays when Isaac returned to work, I actually made my bed. It was awesome. I had a routine that allowed me time to do that. Then I made Will's bed and got both of the boys dressed and ready for the day first thing instead of a couple of hours after breakfast. I felt so on top of it. Now that Van is getting older he is so smiley and loves to giggle which makes all of us happy. Will loves to make him smile. One morning when I opened his door to greet him, I had Van in my arms too. Will said "Good Morning! I love Van. He's my best friend!" I hope it stays that way. So, yes, 2011 is going to be a good year. I do need some advice on how to make time for more blogging. I feel Sundays are the only chance I get so I'll start with that. Every Sunday a new post.
Here are some videos of Van. Let me just say that I am crazy about this baby. I'm sad to admit that it was harder for me to feel attached to Van right away like I did with Will simply because I couldn't spend all the time in the world with him. But it felt like magic just as this new year was beginning because I finally felt IN CONTROL. When Van was first born, it was hard to adjust to sharing myself between two boys, having a messy house constantly, letting Will watch WAY too much television, being confined to the house, etc. etc. After the holidays when Isaac returned to work, I actually made my bed. It was awesome. I had a routine that allowed me time to do that. Then I made Will's bed and got both of the boys dressed and ready for the day first thing instead of a couple of hours after breakfast. I felt so on top of it. Now that Van is getting older he is so smiley and loves to giggle which makes all of us happy. Will loves to make him smile. One morning when I opened his door to greet him, I had Van in my arms too. Will said "Good Morning! I love Van. He's my best friend!" I hope it stays that way. So, yes, 2011 is going to be a good year. I do need some advice on how to make time for more blogging. I feel Sundays are the only chance I get so I'll start with that. Every Sunday a new post.
Comments
I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com
How I love those videos! Those boys are so dang cute.