You know you're about to have a baby when...

  1. You sleep with a heating pad alternating heat on your lower back, shoulder, arm and thigh.
  2. All you can do when your sick toddler is crying and saying "Mommy hold you!" is rub his head or sit down and hold him in your lap, working around the giant bulge. Not fun.
  3. You cry at least three times a week.
  4. You have to delegate easy household chores to your husband like sweeping, making the bed, putting clothes in the washer and dryer, and vacuuming and then ignore it if it doesn't get done.
  5. Your stomach protrudes like a watermelon when you have a Braxton Hicks contraction.
  6. You begin to lose your appetite because there's not much room for your stomach to fill up.
  7. Your sister has to clip and paint your toenails.
  8. Your friend surprises you with dinner and proceeds to clean the entire kitchen and play with your toddler while you stay camped out at the dinner table and wait for your husband to come home from his late night class. Thank you so much Natalie!!
  9. Your doctor tells you your cervix is dilated to 3 cm. That was today.
  10. You look forward to having a newborn and a toddler if it means you can run again, sit on the floor and play, do crunches and other fun exercises, relax on your back, and weed the garden ( I have missed this. My flower beds and garden have been overtaken by weeds. Ugh!).
I think we should all predict when the baby will come and how much he'll weigh. I predict he'll come Sept. 13 (that's what I hope anyway b/c I don't want a child born on 9/11 and then I can get more stuff done...like see a movie, ha!) and that he'll weigh 7.8 pounds.

Comments

Lisa B. said…
The last few days are so long! But soon little baby Bickmore will be here and then that whole new adventure begins. Hang in there.
Amelia said…
14 September. and 8 lbs even. You are reminding me of a lot of stuff I was hoping to forget for another twenty weeks or so!
The Smith crew said…
Yeah, that post just brought all those pregnancy woes right to the surface! I think he will be born on my B-day, Sept. 18, wouldn't that be cool?
Trish said…
Sept. 14, 7 lbs even! I can hardly believe it is almost here! Can't wait to see baby boy #2!!!!!
DiaNe said…
how specific! I guess September 15th and he'll be 8 lbs 2 ounces. Abbey and I are going to come weed your flowerbeds!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!