Birthday Fun!


This weekend has been full of celebrations. Friday we celebrated Grandma Bruiser's birthday with lots of yummy food and trivial pursuit. I think the best part was Sophie beating everyone in an arm wrestle.
Saturday we celebrated an early birthday for Will because I didn't want to throw a party right after having a baby. Can you blame me? It was a Thomas the Tank Engine party. The bash was fun and tiring. It was too bloody hot outside to enjoy the sunny weather and there were not enough happy cousins to play my Thomas the Tank Engine games. So we chit chatted inside where it was cooler and enjoyed yummy chocolate cake and a Thomas carrot cake. Well, most of us enjoyed the cake--Will did NOT! It is the craziest thing. We have tried giving him brownies, ice cream, and now cake. Instead of at least tasting it, he scrunches up his face with this look of disgust and shakes his head back and forth when you hold it up to his mouth. I was all excited for him to finally eat cake and ice cream and he refused. Silly boy! At least he loved the non-edible Thomas cake topper.
After the guests left, Will had fun playing with all of his new toys. We could tell he wasn't feeling well because he wasn't acting like his usual self. I took his temp and he had a low grade fever 100.5 so we administered the tylenol and put him to bed with his new Thomas sheets from Grandpa--he loved that. We're going to take the next few days nice and easy so he can rest up and get healthy before baby brother comes.

Thank you to everyone who treated Will on his birthday with their presence and presents! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. It's always fun to get the Garrett's and Bickmore's together. Thank you to Grandma Bruiser for taking all these pictures and to Grandma Mayzee for spending all day with me preparing and cleaning up. We sure missed the Grandpas- but we know they were there in spirit. I realized earlier in the week that Sept. 4th marked the 7 month anniversary of Grandpa Garrett's passing so he was on my mind a lot yesterday.

Thank you to Will for making motherhood such a breeze! Your 2nd year has been the best and we love you to pieces. You're so smart, so sweet, and so stinkin CUTE! xoxoxoxoxox


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Sophia said…
I love Will and his birthday was awesome! Can not wait for the new little dude.
Caroline said…
That is so funny about him not liking cake! He takes after his mother, with those distinct tastes....I remember ever since you were little you just HATED butter, probably made the same face that Will makes when it comes to sweets! ha ha
Lisa B. said…
We had a wonderful time at Will's party--he's adorable and we're so excited to meet the darling little brother. Happy birthday Will!
Lindsay said…
Happy Birthday will, I hope you get feeling better. CUTE hair cut Lesley!
DiaNe said…
thank you for posting this! How fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Bickmore Buzz June-October 24, 2021

William Steven Bickmore

Happy Birthday!